Fulltime TT near Naples: Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougs

I am in a situation where I may purchase a TT to live in full time, in one place, for approximately one year. I have seen the Chaparral 275RLS and it appears to me that this would be a good choice, considering my wife will only join me maybe one week a month, the rest of the time I will be on my own. Is the Chaparral a quality product? Additionally, I could use some recommendations on good parks and dealers in the Naples, Fl. area. Thank you.
[edit]header[/edit]

Doug,

If you're buying in Florida, have you considered checking out Lazy Days in Tamps.  I know it's not close to Naples, but they are the largest dealer with a huge inventory and delivery would not be a problem.

Before dealing with them, be sure to have done your research as to pricing, so you can be sure you are getting a good deal.

Have you checked out Fort Myers?

I have not visited a Florida dealer as I have not moved yet. At this point I was more concerned about the suitability of the Chaparall as a full time live in.

I had noticed in a previous post high regards for the Travel Supreme fifth wheel, but I have not been able to find any source for list prices for these. Since I am not towing anyway, a fifth wheel would do just as well. I have a feeling they must be very pricey.

dougs said:
I had noticed in a previous post high regards for the Travel Supreme fifth wheel, but I have not been able to find any source for list prices for these. Since I am not towing anyway, a fifth wheel would do just as well. I have a feeling they must be very pricey.

Howdy, Doug.

Try www.nada.com for prices on RVs. 

Regards,
Liz

Ouch! I new they were pricey. I think the Chaparral is more within my price range.

dougs said:
I am in a situation where I may purchase a TT to live in full time, in one place, for approximately one year. I have seen the Chaparral 275RLS and it appears to me that this would be a good choice, considering my wife will only join me maybe one week a month, the rest of the time I will be on my own. Is the Chaparral a quality product? Additionally, I could use some recommendations on good parks and dealers in the Naples, Fl. area. Thank you.
[edit]header[/edit]

I took a look at the Coachmen brochure on the unit and it looks fine.  However, trailers are separate into two general categories:  vacation and full-time.  Often vacation trailer warranties specifically exclude full time use.  Check out the warranty on the Chaparral.  If it excludes full-time use, look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom