Fulltiming in Canada - What do we need to know or should keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yorick

My wife and two kids are preparing for our fulltime RV life (See our plan here).

We've been asked by a few churches in Canada to visit them and preach there. There are about 6 locations. So, we are planning to visit each, stay for 2-3 weeks at each one. Hence, we could be in Canada for about 4 months.

I would love to hear from those with experience with or knowledge about RVing in Canada. Please give us some tips, lessons learned, gotchas, etc...

I would really appreciate it.

For longer stays in Canada, you will want to investigate and maybe make alternate arrangements for things like cell phone plans, health insurance, satellite service (if you use it), etc, since your US palns may be more expensive or even unavailable there. And since you are staying for maybe 4 months, check with Canada officials about extended stays and your work (even though it is volunteer).

As I recall, your family group includes people who may have Phillipine documentation vs USA. Also make sure that you have acceptable (to Canada) legal parental authority over the children - such things get scrutinized closely these days. Also make sure there is sufficient history for each individual to qualify for a visit to Canada - any one of you could be rejected for a prior offense of some sort or even simple lack of a track record. Start with the entry requirements at Find out if you can enter Canada - Travel restrictions in Canada – Canada.ca

Those churches will be a good source of information, if they have had foreign guest preachers in the past. That's important, so you are clear whether a regular tourist visa would suffice in your case or not.

Be sure to not ever say you are working in Canada! Just say you are on vacation. Canada is very strict about foreigners taking jobs from Canadians.
My family had aChristmas tree buisines in Canada. We would go up the see things were going well and deal with issues. We had to say we were supervising the operation or they would not let us in.

Back
Top Bottom