Furnace Won't light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trooper253

I have a Suburban SF-35F furnace in my 2008 Cedar Creek 362 BSA that is giving me trouble. When I turn it on the blower comes on and I can hear the igniter trying to light. I also can smell gas at the outside vent, however it will not light. It appears to be getting adequate air flow so I am at a loss. Any sugestions will be greatly appreciated

We had a similar thing happen with our propane fireplace in our house. It was the coupler that needed to be replaced. Once that occurred, it lit fine--everytime!

I got it to light.  I was checking the airflow and put my hand over the inlet for just a second to check if it was drawing any air and it lit.  I have let it run and then cool and turned it back on.  It has been relighting so I hope that it is ok now.

Is it possible the igniter probes are corroded and not arcing in front of the burner?

Still might be worth it to check out the burners and stuff before the cold weather sets in and the furnace leave you in the cold.  ::)

May have had some debris on the igniter probes, also. Get a little wire brush and gently work its way around the probes.

Back
Top Bottom