Furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molina888

I have a 1982 terry fleetwood. There is a clicking sound coming from the furnace with the battery hooked up I am sure it will eventually drain my battery any ideas? Thanks

Perhaps 12V igniter? Are you sure it is turned off? There should be a 12V breaker/fuse controlling the furnace too, turn that off and observe results.
FWIW, a poor/missing ground can cause a multitude of symptoms, and is over 80% of all 12V problems. Have you checked all ground connections are clean and tight?

I replaced the connectors on the battery to be sure of good connections. I have only had it a couple of weeks so not sure where the breakers are.

I was able to get the problem figured out last night after looking at the wiring more from the battery. I unfortunately had the battery connections backwards. It didn’t occur to me that the black would be the hot off the battery. Luckily it does t seem to of caused any damage. Like I said I just recently purchased this trailer.

Your furnace is 12V so it won't have any circuit breakers but there should be fuses and one of them will supply power to the furnace. As I asked in your other thread, what make and model is your furnace?
Attwood furnaces do indeed have a circuit breaker.. Outside, on top of the blower housing, looks like a switch but the schematic says it's a circuit breaker.

It's a 12v circuit, John. No 1200vac generator involved.
You missed the point
you said "it does not have a "Tripped" setting (and thus is just a switch)
I could have said "like the breakers on many generators do not have a "Tripped" position"
(Or Tripplite inverters. they also use On/(off or tripped) breakers)
Just pointing out not all breakers are 3 position on/tripped/off Some are on-(off or tripped)
IN this case however it matters not as I'm suggesting he use it as a switch.

You missed the point
you said "it does not have a "Tripped" setting (and thus is just a switch)
I could have said "like the breakers on many generators do not have a "Tripped" position"
Call it whatever you wish, but the design for a circuit breaker to open is called the trip point. I have been working in electrical service work for more than 40 years and have never seen a circuit breaker marked with a tripped setting but it is typically where the actuator is in a mid position and neither fully open or closed. To reset it you open it fully, the close it again.

I have seened many that only have two positions.. ON and OFF.. Onan uses them on their generators. TripLite on their inverters and since I never "Tripped" the Atwood breaker (Just turned it off) I truly do not know which type it is. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom