furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janpaul

What is the makeup of the heating system/furnace in a 5er? Are the blowers 120volt or 12volt? Would you have to run a generator to run the heat? Which is better, ducted or non-ducted? I assume the burners are LP gas, where are they located usually? Thanks, Paul

The furnaces in most systems are 12V, contol boards and fan. Running furnaces on cold nights requires quite a bit of battery storage as the fan motor is a pretty heavy load.

You are usually limited in campgrounds to 10:00 or 11:00PM for generators.

If you are boondocking a combination of running on generator until quiet hours and perhaps adding a couple of batteries if you have one would be my suggestion. A couple of nights in cool weather will show how many comforters you need to set the temp low enough not to run the batteries down.

Remember that for good battery life you shouldn't drain the batteries below 50% of their charge.

janpaul said:
What is the makeup of the heating system/furnace in a 5er? Are the blowers 120volt or 12volt? Would you have to run a generator to run the heat? Which is better, ducted or non-ducted? I assume the burners are LP gas, where are they located usually? Thanks, Paul

We are talking about boondocking here, right?

They are 12v.  If you have a set of good batteries, if you turn the thermostat down at night, and you are not enduring temperatures in the 20s and 30s, you should be ok.  Use the generator during the day to recharge the batteries.

If you are not talking boondocking, that is if you are in a CG with shore power hookups, you have no problems at all.  The shore power will keep your batteries charged up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom