Furrion microwave dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldguyrich

my microwave stopped working. well it runs, it just doesnt heat anything... any ides?

Replace it. Go to your local big box store pick one that fits your existing opening. It aint rocket science. Heck i replaced one while camp hosting with basic hand tools.

Exactly what we did. Our Furrion quit on us also so we measured the opening and bought one from Lowes which fit perfectly.

Nearly all microwave ovens have an internal fuse that is by far the most common thing to fail. If you are bold enough to look inside, it isn't usually that difficult to replace.

RV appliances take a beating going down the road. Lifespan can be pretty short.
A microwave from WalMart, or anywhere is the solution. Nearly every RV mount is an external frame, 4 screws into the cabinet. Remove screws, remove microwave, relocate frame to new unit.
This is where it can go south. watch for any screws that could penetrate where circuitry lives, or mechanics that turn the plate inside.
I replaced a dead Greystone with a Hamilton Beach from WM while camping. Phillips head screwdriver was the only tool, and used a few self drilling sheet metal screws from the hardware store.

Nearly all microwave ovens have an internal fuse that is by far the most common thing to fail. If you are bold enough to look inside, it isn't usually that difficult to replace.
The fuse inside the microwave is for all power to the microwave. The MW will be completely dead. Sounds as though the magnetron or start capacitor is bad. Cost for replacement mag, if you can find one, will cost as much a new MW. It is possible that a wire came loose on the capacitor or Magnetron. I worked on thse for years and 90% of the time it was the Magnetron.

Back
Top Bottom