Furrion Oven Pilot Light/Gas Control Valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckaroo

I am having trouble with the Furrion Oven/Range Model FSRE17SA-BL originally installed in my 2020 Grand Design 2670MK. Stove has worked in the past. Right now, however, I push in the knob and light the pilot. It lights. I hold it for a long time and release the knob and the pilot should remain lit. It goes out. If I light up the oven while holding the knob in to keep the pilot lit, the burner lights up normally. When I release pressure on the knob, the pilot goes out as well as the burner. I think the thermocouple is operating correctly - output voltage increases from 0 to 15mV when you put a match to it. I took the thermocouple connection to the control valve apart and held it in contact by hand to make sure the control valve was getting the signal. Same result. I believe the issue is the control valve. I have seen discussions about this stove and Furrion getting some bad control valves so not sure if that is it or not. I do know they have changed the design and are not providing control valve parts/support for this 2 year old model. When I called Furrion they said I had to replace the stove. Suggestions on repairing/replacing the gas control valve or other troubleshooting tips?

You have done a good job. It is most likely the valve. If no replacement parts are available from the manufacturer, replacement of the stove seems likely unless you can find after market parts for the stove.

Search for other sources of parts for your oven before replacing the entire stove. Control valves of this type are very common and have been around for decades. Maybe you can find a different source.

Good Luck

Or how about a RV salvage yard. They may not just sell the valve but the entire stove may be somewhat cheaper than a brand new one

Or how about a RV salvage yard. They may not just sell the valve but the entire stove may be somewhat cheaper than a brand new one

Totally disagree with putting a salvage stove or salvage parts in a 1 year old Grand Design. Buy new if replacement becomes the answer.

You can occasionally find brand new ovens posted for sale from private sellers who buy then remodel. That I would certainly suggest but the problem is that the stove doesn't work and it needs to work asap so a new part or new stove would seem likely.

Last edited:
I would call Furrion to see if your range might still be under warranty. Some appliances have a warranty longer than 1 year.

I would call Furrion to see if your range might still be under warranty. Some appliances have a warranty longer than 1 year.
Grand Design might also step up for "customer satisfaction". I have seen KZ, the brand I own, do that at a brand rally. Most of the companies really want customers happy, the problems the dealers. Until RV warranty's are like vehicle warranty's the problem will remain. Call an RV dealer and the first questions did we sell it, unlike taking the vehicle to any dealer of that brand. Furrion may also you just never know until you ask.

Want a warranty nightmare; I bought in AZ from a dealer from a dealer down for an RV show from WA. We signed papers in CA because of AZ's tax laws, I live in NM. Fortunately because of the 5W I bought designed for full time KZ will send mobile repair when needed. First time I called a dealer in NM, did we sell it, no, click. I did find one dealer in TX that did a warranty replacement of a TV that quit, he ordered and we exchanged so zero labor.

He called Furrion. It is in the OP's first post. They said to replace the stove.

Thanks for the input but I think we are ending up with a happy ending!! I just got in touch with GD Customer Service and they had a couple of control valve assemblies for the old range in the warehouse. They offered to send it free of charge even though oven one year out of warranty. A great testament to Customer Service - thanks so much GD!!

Back
Top Bottom