fuse for air conditioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HikerBob

I have a 2016 Thor Hurricane 2016 31s with a F53 chassis. The air conditioning is not working. I found the fuse for the air pump clutch, but I think there is another fuse. On the dash board by the heater controls. When I push the button for the air conditioning (the button with the snowflake) it use to turn blue when pressed. Is there a fuse for that?

Likely a fuse or circuit breaker. also a light bulb.
However I found on my RV the AC was NOT connected to the labeled fuse but to another one.... I just flat got lucky finding the faulty, in my case, circuit breaker.

Likely a fuse or circuit breaker. also a light bulb.
However I found on my RV the AC was NOT connected to the labeled fuse but to another one.... I just flat got lucky finding the faulty, in my case, circuit breaker.
Read the post again, John. He,'s asking about the dash air, not the roof air.

Yes there are fuses, but testing with a VOM is the only way to find the problem.Begin checking at the A/C controls for power then follow the wiring. If the A/C system is low on refrigerant, it will not operate. So that must be checked with a set of gauges before chasing an electrical problem.
This might be useful, assuming your MH has this brand: Evans Tempcon all-electric A/C service manual

Last edited:
Read the post again, John. He,'s asking about the dash air, not the roof air.

And I'm talking about the Dash Air not the Roof air.
I ended up on my back under the dash and finally found the wire labeled as I recall HEVAC (may have been Heater) trace to the fuse block connection AUX-1 As I recall (not Heater) Aux-1 was a defective Short Stop Circuit Breaker Heater was a fuse socket. New breaker and I was cool. At lest the wires had text labels on 'em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom