Future part time maybe full timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triplegee

Hey y’all
Just jumped in here. I’m looking at land in Ky and Tennessee for retirement. Will be building a garage/apartment structure per the ideas on another post in here. I’m looking at 2 garage bays with an apartment or at least a loft upstairs with small full bath somewhere. Since everything building is higher now I’m thinking steel building which are currently 30% less at the moment.
Would you make your garage big enough for a trailer inside (heated somewhat) or build/have the overhanging awning for outside storage? If I do the awning I might as well put a small apartment downstairs with loft above for company visits I’m thinking.
Any ideas or experiences shared along this line are greatly appreciated!

I'd only put the RV inside if I could afford a super-sized building. For inside RV storage space to be very useful, you need a lot of space around it. Plus you need to allow for a larger RV next year. ;) I'd say 20x40 if you think it will always be modest size trailers; 20x 50 if you might graduate to a 40+ ft motorhome some day.

The upside of putting the RV inside is that's your apartment too. Include electric, water, and sewer hookup and you are good to stay.

Any ideas or experiences shared along this line are greatly appreciated!
This is what we lived in for 8 years. It is near Tyler, TX and is a 50'X50' engineered steel building, with no wood in the outside structure. Inside is a 900 sq. ft., 2 bedroom apartment and inside of the 14' X 20' door is a full hookup RV site. There is a 10' garage type door in the back as well.
home_door.jpg

Reactions: SMR
I would not go with a apartment on the second floor. Your not getting younger and those stairs someday will be a bear to navigate. Have the apartment on the side like Kirk did

Back
Top Bottom