FW pump keeps running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starfish

My FW pump does not load up and shut off like it did the last time I used it.  Its been a couple months and I fully drained the tank after the last time I used it.  I filled the tank, turned on the pump and it just runs and runs.  Water does come out of each faucet.  Any ideas? ???

Hi Starfish,

It sounds to me like the pump is not priming properly. There may be air in the line preventing this. This could be due to an air leak into the system or residual air in the lines. Sometimes it takes quite a while for a pump to clear itself of air and start pumping water.

Jim Dick said:
It sounds to me like the pump is not priming properly. There may be air in the line preventing this. This could be due to an air leak into the system or residual air in the lines. Sometimes it takes quite a while for a pump to clear itself of air and start pumping water.
Would you still get water to the faucets?

You might try opening the faucets on the outside faucet/shower if you have one. It is lower and may help the priming of the pump.

Did you by any chance leave the street fill valve in the fill position? That will make the pump recirculate water into the tank on our m/h.

If you get water from the faucets and the pump doesn't shut off when the faucets are closed, then look for a leak.  The water is going somewhere.  If the pump didn't prime, you wouldn't get water from the faucets.

Got it! ?I had to bleed the air out of the hot water heater. ?Bled the air until I got water, and the pump shut off. ?Thanks guys! ?After losing an LP regulator earlier today, and then this, I thought I was going to have to cancel Thanksgiving in Big Bear. ?Good to go now. 8)

Perhaps you just didn't wait long enough for the water heater to fill.  You want some air cushion in the water heater for expansion or your relief valve will weep.

It blew air out from the water heater drain hose valve.  Seems to have fixed my problem.  Water pressure is much better now, as well.

Back
Top Bottom