Gainesville Campgrounds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Folks!
I'm preparing for a kidney transplant and need a place to camp in my rv. I've looked online for a place near Shands Hospital. Seems like slime pickins. If anyone knows of a decent campground, please drop me a line.
I'm pulling a 2020 Cherokee Alpha Wolf, 27 footer. Need Electric, water, sewer (if possible). I will be doing my recovery for about 3 weeks to a month in RV.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Cynthia:)

The Florida State Park system is very good and will save you some cash. They have a 2 week stay limit but can be extended if requested. The link below is to a park close to Gainesville. If you are planning to go during the off season (May to October) you will likely be offered to stay for an extended period but will need to call the main number to the camp and ask to talk to the Ranger in charge. Reservations are made through a reservation agent. The link is on the website. There may be other RV equipped state parks close by, but Paynes is the only one I know of. Good Luck.

Check with the hospital admin. When my wife had her heart surgery in Arkansas, the local hospitals had an arrangement with a COE park in Little Rock. They had 12 full hookup sites that were for patients with medical needs who lived a long way from the hospital. The sites were not rented to regular campers, and no stay limit as long as you got a form from the hospital every month, which was not hard to do.
My senior pass also applied, so the cost was like $12/night. We ended up staying for 3 months until she finished her PT after the operation.

Check with the hospital admin. When my wife had her heart surgery in Arkansas, the local hospitals had an arrangement with a COE park in Little Rock. They had 12 full hookup sites that were for patients with medical needs who lived a long way from the hospital. The sites were not rented to regular campers, and no stay limit as long as you got a form from the hospital every month, which was not hard to do.
My senior pass also applied, so the cost was like $12/night. We ended up staying for 3 months until she finished her PT after the operation.
Thank you for the info, I'll call the hospital today. 😁

We lived in our 5th wheel when I was a student at UF back in 2000. We stayed in an old mobile home park just to the left as you go under the interstate underpass. Not much to look at but it was cheap. Probably apartments now. There was an RV park if you go north on the interstate on the right hand side. This was 22 years ago though.
Here are a few that might interest you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom