Gary has 40,000 Posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're all volunteers, so think of it as a hobby. Gary does a lot of research on some of those answers, so it's a lot more time consuming than the number of posts might suggest.

I would definitely agree, Gary does his homework and in-depth research.  Many times I've posted, Gary posts and I say... 'That's what I said'... Then, I re-read what Gary in fact  posted, it was NOT what I said, but in fact carefully done with extreme detail and accuracy to assist the OP'r.  Hat's off Gary, well done.

Rather chatty isn't he?  ;D Seriously, Gary, you share a wealth of knowledge and have more than once saved me from re inventing the wheel at my expense. Thank you for the time and effort you put in here.

RoyM said:
Rather chatty isn't he?  ;D Seriously, Gary, you share a wealth of knowledge and have more than once saved me from re inventing the wheel at my expense. Thank you for the time and effort you put in here.
You said almost the identical thing I was going to say, but apparently I was sitting on my hands too long.  And to Gary, thanks for your many many bits of wisdom as well as the many many well thought out explanations that I know took more effort than most of us care to invest.

Thanks everyone. It IS a hobby, though I also have a "sideline" business writing tech articles. Recently I've had paid articles published in Bus Conversion Magazine and on the DoItYourselfRV.com website. Even co-authored a book many years ago, and wrote a couple tech manuals during my IBM career.

Gosh Gary, I just attributed it to all that good "Down East" air you get every summer.  Thanks for all your help and wisdom.

Ed

Just curious, Gary.  What are you more passionate about?  Researching and writing articles, or helping all us RV dummies?

BTW...Thanks for all the help.

I'm about equal on the "passion". I get a lot of satisfaction from researching and learning the answers, but being a helpful guru is rewarding too. Or maybe it's just ego building? I gotta admit that it is flattering when a stranger comes up to me in an Rv park and says "are you the RV Roamer that writes online?". They see the RVroamer SSID on my MiFi and find me.

I look forward to reading Gary's posts, I always find them informative, accurate, and well thought...thanks for taking the time to help a duffer like me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom