Gas Additives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcrbtt

My FR-3 V-10 Gas engine 35’ Motorhome has 30,000 miles. Is it OK to add Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner to the Gasoline?

It's not going to hurt it, but is it necessary? Newer FI engines are pretty good about not gumming up. If your fuel has been clean and has stabilizer added when the RV is parked for a while, you probably don't need a fuel system cleaner.
If it's a "new to you" rig, then running that through the fuel system will certainly not hurt anything.

If you use tier1 gas, you probably don't need it. BMW recommends fuel treatment every 3k miles (I think) and they have their "BMW" bottle to sell you. Turns out it's Techron with a different label. I use it in my BMW (Techron) before an oil change. It seems to improve idle for me. I also regularly clean the MAF and MAP sensors.

I dumped a gallon of Seafoam in my 75 gallon gas tank. I had changed the fuel filter maybe 2000 miles previously. I drove the coach another 1500 miles and the fuel filter was so plugged that I had to change it again. Don't know if the Seafoam did anything for the injectors, but it darn sure knocked dirt loose from somewhere.
Also, before anyone says anything, that's only 1.7 oz per gallon. The can recommends 2 oz per gallon for injector cleaning, so I didn't overdose it.

Back
Top Bottom