Gas/electric water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camperman1

Can both switches be turned on at the same time for a gas/electric water heater or is it either or?

Yes you can. It will give you a faster recovery. Just be sure your valves are not in bypass mode and that the tank is full and vented.

In most cases you can use both at the same time. I'm not sure that the newer Atwood/Dometic water heaters that use the same controls would be able to do that, but really don't know.

We turn both on when we shower and have yet to run out of hot water when both are turned on. :p

Safe travels and all the best.

In most cases you can use both at the same time. I'm not sure that the newer Atwood/Dometic water heaters that use the same controls would be able to do that, but really don't know.

Not sure what you mean by "Same controls" if you mean only one set of Thermostats. Yes you can use both at one time.. The control board handles it with two different relays.

One thing to consider if you have only 30 amp service. The electric element draws a lot of current. Using the microwave, coffee pot or electric space heater at the same time may tax the power. Eve using any of these at the same time will use close to 30 amps. I have a small plug in voltmeter on one of my receptacles.
If I see it anywhere near 108 volts, I shed one of the power hungry devices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom