Gas is (almost) free

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose the differences are both taxes (state and local) and the price set by the local station. Prices in Phoenix used to be very much higher than those in Tucson, but that difference has largely disappeared, I assume due to city taxes having been raised.

What surprises me even more is the difference in diesel prices. We passed through Yuma Az and found diesel priced at $3.52 and $2.99 at two stations half a mile apart. One was a local discount station (that was the $3.52 price) and the other was Chevron (at $2.99). Go figure.

kportra said:
Billings MT is hovering around $2.69 except Costco is $2.35.  We have three refineries here and still have relatively high prices.

When I lived in Montana, I always wondered why gas was higher in Billings than my home in Missoula. 2 gas refineries in Billings and higher prices. Guess I don't understand the petroleum business.

I wish...we?re on the Washington coast. The cheapest gas within 20 miles is $3.29...$2.95 at the closest Costco...which is about 70 miles away.

Tom said:
As we got closer to Needles I realized it was going to be too close for comfort, and the "low gas" light had been on for a while as we pulled into Needles and paid the $4.20/gal price.

I've done similar before, but won't fill up at the higher price. I'd put in $10-20 to get us to the cheaper state/station!

Just filled up today in the middle of Illinois for $1.93. Amazing!!

[quote author=scottydl]I'd put in $10-20 to get us to the cheaper state/station![/quote]
That's what Chris wanted me to do. But, having arrived on the smell of an oily rag (aka on fumes), I was glad to pay the price for one tankfull.

i had to recheck thrice on the posting dates above.  they are this months dec 2018. and under $2.00USD a gallon  :'(

yes i live in ca. a good 80 miles and over a 8K+ mt pass to get out of this state. but need to return. can leave permanently in 8 years.

Local (Columbus, OH) Costco price for regular gas is currently $1.50. Non-Costco gas stations seem to vary all over the place, the lowest being around $1.55.

Tom said:
Local (Columbus, OH) Costco price for regular gas is currently $1.50. Non-Costco gas stations seem to vary all over the place, the lowest being around $1.55.

So Tom are you there permanently or just on a trip?

[quote author=Arch Hoagland]So Tom are you there permanently or just on a trip?[/quote]

Read the first message in this topic and all will be revealed  ;)

Winter retreat in Ohio....Hmmm. I grew up next door in Pennsylvania and spending the winter there never occurred to me.

Have you ever thought about going to Florida for a winter retreat.........

[quote author=Arch Hoagland]Have you ever thought about going to Florida for a winter retreat.........[/quote]
We bought a small place near two families of kids and grandkids. No plans or reasons to stay in Florida where we have no family  ;)

[quote author=Rene T]Got diesel fuel here in FL the other day and it was $269.9.[/quote]
Rene, how many gallons did you get for $269.9?

We were in the San Diego area over the Christmas holidays.  For the most part, regular was similar to the Los Angeles prices, about $3.30 for regular.  However stations near Freeway exits can be higher.  Like the one off I-805 in Chula Vista.  That was $4.79 a gallon for regular.  However, if you got a car wash, it was only $4.49.  Too bad we were in the Pace Arrow at the time. 

Tom said:
We bought a small place near two families of kids and grandkids. No plans or reasons to stay in Florida where we have no family  ;)

I figured as much....just giving you a bad time. 

Besides living in Ohio during the winter makes you really appreciate California when you get back.

[quote author=Arch Hoagland]... living in Ohio during the winter makes you really appreciate California when you get back.[/quote]
Parts of California have a lot more snow than Ohio. Even our warm/mild part of the state can get below freezing.

Recently filled my Four Winds in Van Buren, Arkansas for the amazing low price of $1.77/gal! Then a few days later paid $4.29/gal in Barstow, California!

Back
Top Bottom