Gas Mileage Pulling A 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steveblonde said:
Sorry my friend but you are at the very least 1000 lbs overweight you 2500 is only rated at about 2600 lbs and the pin wieght on your voltage is 3000 lbs plus  cargo pasenges hitch etc

I pull a voltage with a 3500 chev, 5th wheel trailer is 15000-16000 lbs my mileage is 9-10 which is fairly normal for any current truck Gm Ford or Ram - i noticed most of the posters here are driving 10 yr old or more trucks and you cannot compare them to a current 2012 or newer vehicle

I'm betting it's because this thread is from 2005.

steveblonde said:
Sorry my friend but you are at the very least 1000 lbs overweight you 2500 is only rated at about 2600 lbs and the pin wieght on your voltage is 3000 lbs plus  cargo pasenges hitch etc

I have air bags on the rear of the truck with an internal device to raise or lower the pressure. Does this buy me more weight to get me away from that limit ?. I will definitely look into the weight issues and see what I can do to reduce weight,

llokensmi said:
I have air bags on the rear of the truck with an internal device to raise or lower the pressure. Does this buy me more weight to get me away from that limit ?. I will definitely look into the weight issues and see what I can do to reduce weight,

air bags DO NOT change the load rating sorry you need to look at the yellow decal drivers side door jam which states cargo capacity must not exceed xxxx lbs all bags do is level the truck

You need a different truck.  Your combo is not safe.  Sorry!

lone_star_dsl said:
I'm betting it's because this thread is from 2005.

Holy cow.  I can't believe I've been on this board for 12 years.  I've had 2 trucks since then (well, I'm on my 3rd), and am now towing a 5th wheel (I had a TT then).  Anyway, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom