Gas Milieage????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buknob

I thought I would take advantage of all the years of experience on this forum and ask anybody who knows what kind of gas mileage I would tend to get out of my R.V.

I have a Class C, Four Winds 5000
? ? ? ? ? ? with a Chevy Vortex 6.0
? ? ? ? ? ? and a 56 gallon tank/or 211 Litre

I plan on going to Jennings, Florida which is 1900 km from where I am. I am told I should get about 650 km/or 403 miles per tank.
Now I have never driven my R.V that kind of distance, or any distance for that matter since I have not even got it yet........? ?? ;D

So my question is; is that the right kind of numbers I should be banking on?

Any help would be appreciated.

I do not know your rig so I can't speak specifically to it's millage however most vehicles sold for personal use are indeed designed with 400 mile gas tanks.  Some commericial vehicles (Semi Trucks, Busses) have larger tanks but most small trucks, cars and motor homes are designed to go about 400 miles on a tank of gas

So to figure your expected millage divide 400 by the tank and you got it (or the other number you posted if using KM/Gallon)

let's see..... My tank holds 70 gallon  400/70 = 40/7 = a bit under six I get 7-8 if I drive careful

With the load I carry, no way could I help you. Ithink I probably get 5mph (?) or so  I just figure my trip  and then where the Flying J's are and proceed.  Word of caution, always fill before a 1/4 tank or should you have to stop the genset won't function.  Happy motoring.  Now if that was a Ford my guess would be 9 to 10 at 60mph.

We had a 24-foot Class C motorhome and typically got 6-9 mph, depending on whether we were going uphill or down.

I think Wendy has the right range, 6-9 miles per gallon.  You didn't mention the size or weight of the motorhome, but I would hope it is a reasonable load for the 6.0L Vortec and it would deliver more in the upper end of that range.

Your driving habits, i.e. acceleration and braking, have a lot to do with fuel mileage. So does top speed. Rvs have a big frontal surface, so wind resistance is a major factor.  55 mph will almost always yield much better fuel economy than 65 mpg.

My 35 foot Class A, which weighs about 21,500 lbs as we typically travel - and also pulls a 3200 ln toad - gets  7.3 mpg under most conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom