Gas Prices Dropping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, kinda like my avatar!! LOL I agree with you somewhat but when a president causes production to drop 10-20%there WILL be a supply problem and prices WILL go up

I am glad that I upgraded my vehicle and improved my mpg even in the shortages of parts for the 150s. After close to 4,000 miles in my F 150 hybrid truck, I am averaging better than 10 mpg above my 2014 150. With the slight increase of tank volume, my range is close to 700 miles without towing. Towing range is yet to be determined. But the features makes me feel like I am in the cockpit of a new 787 airliner.(y)

Innovation at the speed of light by the private sector is transforming the ICE industry. The reliability from the EVs for me while on the road and the quickness of refueling makes it hard to ever consider one for over the road use.

Now getting the parts is another problem and should have never happened in the first place. We created the Ford, had workers begging to work at the plants and now we are dependent on other countries for parts. How did that happen? Just saw that Ford is cutting back the production on their F 150s vehicles in eight plants, and convert to making Transit vans, Broncos , Ranger pickups, and Mustangs, just to name a few.

Morning Gator, its been a good conversation. Lets not create a FB jail lite here. Lets keep it above the board.

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda like my avatar!! LOL I agree with you somewhat but when a president causes production to drop 10-20%there WILL be a supply problem and prices WILL go up
Exactly, when the number of operating gas and oil drilling rigs dropped from about 1100 in February 2018 to only 250 oil and gas rigs operating in August of 2020 anyone with any sense knew that as soon as the economy started to recover there would be a shortage of crude oil, and subsequent higher gasoline prices.

Exactly, when the number of operating gas and oil drilling rigs dropped from about 1100 in February 2018 to only 250 oil and gas rigs operating in August of 2020 with any sense knew that as soon as the economy started to recover there would be a shortage of crude oil, and subsequent higher gasoline prices.
I have never understood how anyone with half a brain would support leaders that constantly attack the oil industry, which is our life line to prosperity. This makes it harder for everyone. Anyone with an rv directly depends on reasonable fuel prices, reflective upon comparible market prices of other products. Of course there are a lot of wealthy people thats not affected by the current prices, many of them dictating policy. So there is no interest in reversing some of the restrictive policies put in place that has harmed many of the oil and gas producing states and the workers in the industry.
You can see that the increases from the Covid shut down is disproportionate from normal market forces. You can figure out the percentages that is passed along to every product we purchase that comes by trucks, or even farm products thats dependent on the energy sources too.

1644097522286.png

By December, gas prices had dipped, down to around 3.41 U.S. dollars per gallon for all grades all formulation gasoline. The previous year showed a trough in April 2020 at an average of 1.95 U.S. dollars per gallon. The continuous inexpensiveness of fuel between March and May 2020 is attributed to low demand amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Last edited:
Whenever a post starts with this kind of informatory rheteric I just stop reading. Just my thing I guess.
My comment was no more inflamatory than the one that I was responding to and highlighted. Of course its always one way. There are differences of opinions but considered to be stupid only in one direction though . YMMV of course. I provided a graph and the gas prices thats reflect what has happened since the Covid lockdown began and then where we are at now to be over 1.46 on average fuel prices. The price of a barrel of oil ended up to be over 90 bucks the end of this week and reportedly to be headed higher. This should concern us all, since the economy and our food depends on oil.

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan one said, "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts."
If your opinion cant be backed up with facts, then your opinion has no value. Just like the opinion of those who say the earth is flat, and the election in 2020 was "stolen." There is simply no evidence that either is true.

Also, I believe the charts you posted are accurate, but they do not tell whole story. As I have mentioned many times, the USA drastically cut back on oil and gas drilling between 2018 and 2020. It takes a while to get those drill rigs up and operating again. If the current President is at all to blame for the current inflation is that he got workers back to work at a record pace after the economic shutdown during the past administration. The US has gone from only 250 operating oil and gas drilling rigs in August 2020 to up close to 600 operating gas and oil drilling rigs operating in the USA. Not near enough, but moving in the correct direction.

Last edited:
As Daniel Patrick Moynihan one said, "You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts."
If your opinion cant be backed up with facts, then your opinion has no value. Just like the opinion of those who say the earth is flat, and the election in 2020 was "stolen." There is simply no evidence that either is true.

Also, I believe the charts you posted are accurate, but they do not tell whole story. As I have mentioned many times, the USA drastically cut back on oil and gas drilling between 2018 and 2020. It takes a while to get those drill rigs up and operating again. If the current President is at all to blame for the current inflation is that he got workers back to work at a record pace after the economic shutdown during the past administration. The US has gone from only 250 operating oil and gas drilling rigs in August 2020 to up close to 600 operating gas and oil drilling rigs operating in the USA. Not near enough, but moving in the correct direction.
I think you are replying to deaf ears. There are a few on here that do not want to hear the facts. But I admire your fortitude.

You find the strangest things in the strangest places, I still remember as a teenager in the early 1980's driving around on old overgrown dirt roads in the woods in an area nearby where there was a then mostly abandoned oil field from I would guess the 1940's - 50's. Down one of those roads we found a pit perhaps 50 feet deep filled with thousands of old railroad cross ties, not far from there we found an old building, maybe a pumping station 3-4 stories tall and a couple of hundred feet long, which was a metal frame building which at one time had many windows, though by the time we found it all but a few of the windows had been broken out, and the scrub brush had grown up to the point where it was impossible to get within a hundred feet of the building.

You find the strangest things in the strangest places, I still remember as a teenager in the early 1980's driving around on old overgrown dirt roads in the woods in an area nearby where there was a then mostly abandoned oil field from I would guess the 1940's - 50's. Down one of those roads we found a pit perhaps 50 feet deep filled with thousands of old railroad cross ties, not far from there we found an old building, maybe a pumping station 3-4 stories tall and a couple of hundred feet long, which was a metal frame building which at one time had many windows, though by the time we found it all but a few of the windows had been broken out, and the scrub brush had grown up to the point where it was impossible to get within a hundred feet of the building.
Did you find Jimmy Hoffa?

If your opinion cant be backed up with facts, then your opinion has no value.

If the current President is at all to blame for the current inflation is that he got workers back to work at a record pace after the economic shutdown during the past administration.
From the Bureau of Labor Statistics, As I said, if you have a full glass of water and empty it and then fill it back you, you can make claims that you now have 100 percent more water. But this does not reflect the truth.
The Dec. 2021 report from BLS clearly states the unfiltered truth. Opening up part of the country that was shut down by the so called medical experts by itself naturally created jobs. If the entire country would open back up, and mandates removed completely, we may see a true plus in the numbers. We are still millions of jobs down from where we were, 2.3 percent from pre-pandemic, if we are to believe BLS statistics.

Payroll employment rose by 199,000 in December. Including this job gain, employment has risen by 18.8 million following losses totaling 22.4 million in March and April of 2020. On net, nonfarm payroll employment is down by 3.6 million, or 2.3 percent, from its pre-pandemic peak in February 2020.1

This is a visual that reflects the job loses resulting from the country being shut down.

1644154121844.png

Did you find Jimmy Hoffa?
I did hear that he was buried in a barrel. So it must have been an oil barrel afterall.

And I like to look at the details which shows the wages are not keeping up with the inflation rate, 7 percent right now, as we speak about the rise in oil and gasoline prices. Pumping more domestic oil can help ease the rate of increases. The more you have of any product, the cheaper the product becomes.

Average hourly earnings of all employees on private-sector payrolls increased by 19 cents, or 0.6 percent, in December. Over the year, hourly earnings have increased by 4.7 percent. In December, average weekly hours were unchanged at 34.7 hours.

Last edited:
Opening up part of the country that was shut down by the so called medical experts by itself naturally created jobs. If the entire country would open back up, and mandates removed completely, we may see a true plus in the numbers.
Misinformation is ignorance. Disinformation is criminal. I don’t know about your part of the country but where we live nothing is shut down. I travel between Delaware and SW Virginia quite often and I haven’t seen anything shut down along the 495 or I-81 corridor. The only mandates I know of are mask mandates. That won’t keep folks from working. The conservative Supreme Court has shot down the majority of the vaccine mandates but many companies and businesses have made vaccination a condition of employment. Good for them. Conservative politicians are spreading disinformation saying store shelves are empty. No there not. At least where I shop they aren’t. And if where I shop can get products then so can the rest. As for gas prices; they’ll go down. This isn’t the highest it’s ever been. People are moving around. The interstates are pretty crowded. I see a lot of big trucks and RV’s on the road. Yeah, so instead of spreading disinformation based on opinion let’s just stick to the facts.

Misinformation is ignorance. Disinformation is criminal. I don’t know about your part of the country but where we live nothing is shut down. I travel between Delaware and SW Virginia quite often and I haven’t seen anything shut down along the 495 or I-81 corridor. The only mandates I know of are mask mandates. That won’t keep folks from working. The conservative Supreme Court has shot down the majority of the vaccine mandates but many companies and businesses have made vaccination a condition of employment. Good for them. Conservative politicians are spreading disinformation saying store shelves are empty. No there not. At least where I shop they aren’t. And if where I shop can get products then so can the rest. As for gas prices; they’ll go down. This isn’t the highest it’s ever been. People are moving around. The interstates are pretty crowded. I see a lot of big trucks and RV’s on the road. Yeah, so instead of spreading disinformation based on opinion let’s just stick to the facts.
This is getting close to political. You can create straw men if you wish. But facts do exist and well documented by major chains , as it relates to shortages. Its real, and not in some out of the way outlets.

Don't dare accept the "disinformation campaign' that CNN would provide though. [cough, cough]:p dealing with empty shelves. Dateline,,,,,,,,,,,,dateline Jan. 13, 2022

Even so, he added, Omicron has put "a bit of a dent" on efforts to improve supply chain gaps. "We would expect more supply challenges over the next four to six weeks," Sankaran said.

Grocery stores are operating with less than their normal workforces, according to the National Grocers Association, and many of its members have less than 50% of their normal workforce.
A view of empty shelves at a local Giant supermarket on January 9, 2022 in Alexandria, Virginia.

A view of empty shelves at a local Giant supermarket on January 9, 2022 in Alexandria, Virginia.

"While there is plenty of food in the supply chain, we anticipate consumers will continue to experience sporadic disruptions in certain product categories as we have seen over the past year and half due to the continued supply and labor challenges," said Greg Ferrara, the group's president and CEO.

New York City,,

Transportation problems​

An ongoing shortage of truckers continues to slow down the supply chain and the ability of grocery stores to replenish their shelves quickly.
Empty shelves at a Trader Joe's on Spring Street in New York City on Saturday January 8, 2022.

Empty shelves at a Trader Joe's on Spring Street in New York City on Saturday January 8, 2022.

Another current story from New York, Jan. 20, 2022

The CPI reports the cost of living has increased by record numbers and harms the overall economy and the working class in particular. The past year's policies have been severely damaging and the people are now openly speaking up, with many polls reflecting the uneasiness of the direction of the country.

The food at home index rose 6.5 percent over the last 12 months; this compares to a 1.5-percent annual increase over the last 10 years. All of the six major grocery store food group indexes increased over the period. By far the largest increase was that of the index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs, which rose 12.5 percent over the year despite falling in December The index for dairy and related products increased 1.6 percent, the smallest increase among the groups. The index for food away from home rose 6.0 percent over the last year, the largest increase since January 1982. The index for limited service meals rose 8.0 percent over the last 12 months, and the index for full service meals rose 6.6 percent. The index for food at employee sites and schools, in contrast, declined 49.3 percent over the past 12 months, reflecting widespread free lunch programs.
This is a dead horse for me. Its really easy to to provide tons of facts using sources including all the CPI. You guys can continue this without me. back to rv looking for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom