Gas prices Seem to be Creeping Upwards, What are you Paying at the Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pipeline and the oil that would have flowed was only part of the equation. There was small towns along the way that lost a lot of revenue for their infrastructure. There were future jobs destroyed. But the Keystone pipeline was just one item that was reversed by the current administration in the oil and gas industry that affected other areas of the country which provided spin off funding to the general funds of other states. So there was direct loss of product that provided jobs and funded many programs unrelated to refineries in the U.S.
What other jobs besides the pipeline builders and the few people it would take to operate it once built?

I hope this forum doesn't filter political stuff. Most people with RVs are older, wiser and more experienced and should be listened to.

If you don't agree with someone, you don't shut them down. Personally, I like hearing both sides and then I make my own decision.

Making a reference to politics is fine but when inflammatory or critical opinions are made then the posts are removed as this usually ends up in people becoming intolerant and sometimes abusive. I have removed several posts because of that.

Didn’t you expect them to go up?
Elections have consequences.
Agreed. Wonder if they are going to show Foreign Oil Tanker ships pulling out of the Port of Houston loaded up on the TV while people are paying thru the roof prices in the next year? I bet not.

Not meant to be political, but this is just the start of Rising fuel Prices. Factor in 7 Gal per mile and $7 gas and you won't be disappointed.

JD

Making a reference to politics is fine but when inflammatory or critical opinions are made then the posts are removed as this usually ends up in people becoming intolerant and sometimes abusive. I have removed several posts because of that.
I agree you need to be polite and respectful but I want to hear everyone's opinion.

Quite frankly, I learn from people with different points of views. If you only listen to people you agree with you don't learn much.

Does your pricing theory account for the fact that the average gas price (all grades) for February 2021 was just about the same as it was 15 years ago according to the USEIA?

Not really, my observations are more on how the prices repeatedly fluctuate over weeks-long periods... regardless of where the top or bottom end happens to be at that time.

But yes -- similar prices between now and 2006, $2.58 average now vs. $2.32 average then. In 2006, it looks like that point was part of a gradual increase that peaked around mid-2014 (at almost $3.80) before starting to trend back down. I hope we're not headed back into another 8-year ride into new records highs, but we shall see.

Another site I've enjoyed perusing the stats (if you're a data geek like me) is https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

I hope this forum doesn't filter political stuff.
I'll just remind everybody of the Community Rules you all agreed to when you joined. The relevant one is included below. The line between discussing government policies and advocating a political position is a thin one. Best to avoid as much as possible on this site.

Political and Religious Ranting
Political and religious rants can lead to some ugly discussions and arguments, even among otherwise polite and friendly people. Over the years, RV Forum members have expressed a desire to avoid these kinds of discussions in our forum, preferring to maintain harmony. So, please post your political and religious views elsewhere such as one of the many alternative venues that cater to such discussions.

We humans rarely do things that are inconvenient for us. It seems we have to have a crisis in order to get off the couch and do something.

There are a ton of factors that go into oil pricing. The boomer generation has been talking climate (pollution) since the 60's but we have moved pretty slowly - for many reasons.

Create some small range crises and you raise the debate about alternate fuels. It's clearly time to take serious steps to move vehicles to something renewable. Every time we kiss the oil companies butts to give them what they want (another pipeline) it's not to benefit any of us. It's ultimately to benefit them.

So I say fine. Stop helping the oil companies (not to mention banks) and start helping the renewable folks more. Yes it is gonna hurt at the pump but that's the price we are gonna pay for the 70 year gas party we've been on since the 50's.

Gas prices are inelastic. We'll pay whatever it takes to keep driving the stuff we wanna drive. Yeah, it hurts those at the bottom and those on fixed incomes but that's the American way. "I'm alright Jack. Keep your hands offa my stack..."

Hi,

While I respect Tom55555 opinion, I don't want to see any political posts here. There are plenty of venues to discuss politics. I've come pretty close to terminating my membership here because of the political rants. This is suppose to be about RVing. I also have avoided joining groups at camp outs because I know that politics have been talked about.

One thing that bothers me, there are some members who seem to make things political all the time here when it is simply a question about something. One example is if people want to carry self protection. If you make something political that was a reasonable question, I'd like to see a time out period of a week for that. (no posting) Keep the topics on what they are suppose to be. If you can't say something nice don't say it.

I'm inclined to agree with Al since, to me, it's a rare political (or certain other "touchy" subjects) post that is, or sounds, friendly, and I come here expecting a friendly place (insert Motto here). I'm one who rarely discusses politics person to person and, when I actually want info like that, there are (as mentioned above) plenty of places to discuss that.

It's great to say to avoid reading those, but when they pop up in a thread about something else it's impossible to avoid such discussions entirely, and if I do then it forces me to avoid a thread that I otherwise find interesting.

Not everyone enjoys feisty debates, no matter how "benign" or calm the debaters think it is. So this site should be an oasis, as indicated by the rule that Gary quoted above.

If you have been at all aware for the last 40 years, you should have been expecting this. Our local prices have increase .70 and are still climbing. Just like what happened last time and the time before that. Fossil fuels are being outlawed. Get with the plan and revise your lifestyle to include electric bicycles all the year around. Where we live in Michigan, this will make life very tough.
Matt

If you have been at all aware for the last 40 years, you should have been expecting this. Our local prices have increase .70 and are still climbing. Just like what happened last time and the time before that. Fossil fuels are being outlawed. Get with the plan and revise your lifestyle to include electric bicycles all the year around. Where we live in Michigan, this will make life very tough.
Matt
Where have fossil fuels been outlawed?

Can we do funny stuff?
I'll just remind everybody of the Community Rules you all agreed to when you joined. The relevant one is included below. The line between discussing government policies and advocating a political position is a thin one. Best to avoid as much as possible on this site.
Gary, Can I post funny stuff? LOL

Last edited:
Where have fossil fuels been outlawed?
Matt

Fossil fuels are being outlawed? Where. And why bikes. EV’s are quite effective.

We pulled out of a State Park this afternoon after a nice stay this weekend. A small local station was trying to hustle $3.49/gallon for diesel. Tourist trap.

Central IL: I filled up my truck today (diesel) and was about to pay $2.89... which also happened to be the same price as gasoline... then I took a look at one more station nearby and scored $2.53! It hadn't made its 30+ cent jump yet, as a part of the pricing trend I mentioned here earlier. I did my good deed by reporting the low(ish) price on my Gas Buddy app, so hopefully some other diesel owners could benefit before the price hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom