Gas Pushers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giles

I read the excellent article by Gary Brinck and Richard Mater about gas vs diesel.
I have a hard time to live with the noise of a front engine, diesel or gasoline.
Gasoline is now an option that I would consider if the engine was at the rear.
I read that a gas pusher should be on the market in 2008.
Anybody knows anything about them, including estimated costs, can we expects bugs since it will be a new release, and if they are good, what could it do to the value of the diesel pushers in the coming years ?
Thanks. :)

Here is a take on Gas pushers fromthe past that the Lazy Days Facility in Seffner, Fl Recalled years a ago and they were purchased for the remanufacturing and have been tremendously successful.  I dove one of the V10's and the performance was fantastic.  The best RV Unit I have ever driven.  I fact in the Red trim on white top with the Blue bottom.  Unbelievable the stability and pep this rig had.  http://www.special-interest-veh.com/  Worth a look see anyway.  The manufacturers could take a lesson from this guy.

Workhorse has a new pusher chassis called the UFO - Universal Fuel Option. It is available with either diesel or gas rear engine. The diesel version is available now and the gas version in 2007. I believe Winnebago & Itasca have a new model based on the chassis and Monaco & Holiday will offer it in the LaPalma and Vacationer series. Forest River will have one too.

Workhorse UFO

Answers appreciated, will make sure to check the references. Thank you so much.

I went to see this setup and was really surprised when I went out of my way to Eldorado, Ark to see them and had the opportunity to drive one.  Viewed several at the time and came very close to purchasing one.  I think the only reason I didn't was the fact I had a larger unit already.  He claimed 10 to 12 miles per gal.

If your doghouse on your front engine coach is well-insulated, the noise and heat is considerably less. Ernie-driving a wanderlodge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom