Gas spewing into air filter of Onan Genset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chopshop

Hi guys, me again..... Seems as though this MH ownership thing is turning into a full time hobby, lol.

Took the MH on the second trip this past weekend, everything was working great until Sunday morning: The onan 7k Marquis genny would not start!

Ordered and replaced the fuel pump and filter. Afterwards I fired er up and noticed gas coming from the air cleaner housing seam. Opened up air housing, removed new filter, started generator, and sure as $h%t gas is entering the air housing via the throttle body. So, I assume the unit is flooding which is the reason it's not starting..

The new fuel pump is a direct onan aftermarket replacement. What shall my next step be be??

guessing carb float?...oh wait, is that diesel?  oh never mind.... I know nuthin about them kerosene burners.

blw2, you are correct, it was the float filled up with gas! And yes, it's a gasser.

Now I need to find a replacement carb kit or a float, anyone know where to find them?

I got a complete carb rebuild kit for that exact same generator off eBay a few years back. About $30 then. Came with a new float.

jubileee said:
I got a complete carb rebuild kit for that exact same generator off eBay a few years back. About $30 then. Came with a new float.

Good to know, I'll check out ebay right now, thanks!

How do I know which carb I have on my Onan?

EDIT: Found the correct downloadable manual with the part number needed....

EDIT 2: I have carb #146-0774, the replacement carb is #541-0765. Unfortunately, all the searching I did online states that there is NO carb kit available. Looks like I need to purchase a new one.... not a happy camper now  :)(.

Ordered the new carb, put it on, changed plugs, changed oil/filter, air filter.....Fired it up and it runs like a freakin' top now! Love being able to work on my own stuff with the help of so many on this forum!  :))

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom