Gen Turi Cool Down Time??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipper

How long does it take the gen turi metal elbow to cool down for storage? Reviewers said the vent pipe is mostly cool due to cooler air being sucked up from the bottom but very little about the elbow except it gets hot; handle with golves.

Last edited:
It takes several minutes to cool down, as it’s physically connected to the exhaust pipe on the generator. Don’t be in a hurry to grab onto it.

If I'm using the Gen-turi at a campsite that I'm getting ready to leave, I disconnect it as soon as I shut down the generator and let the metal elbow cool for ~10 minutes before packing it up. It may still be warm at that point, but it won't burn you or melt the cover.

I'm trying to figure out what your spell check got "...the erotically vent pipe..." from... ;)

Really depends on the weather, etc. I would say 5-10 minutes, maybe less, short enough that by the time I get the rest of it pulled apart and stowed in the storage bag it is nearly cool enough to go in. This reminds me I need to buy yet another clip pin for mine, I keep loosing them.

Really depends on the weather, etc. I would say 5-10 minutes, maybe less, short enough that by the time I get the rest of it pulled apart and stowed in the storage bag it is nearly cool enough to go in. This reminds me I need to buy yet another clip pin for mine, I keep loosing them.
Buy two clips... You'll never lose another one until you forget where you put the spare. ;)

If I'm using the Gen-turi at a campsite that I'm getting ready to leave, I disconnect it as soon as I shut down the generator and let the metal elbow cool for ~10 minutes before packing it up. It may still be warm at that point, but it won't burn you or melt the cover.

I'm trying to figure out what your spell check got "...the erotically vent pipe..." from... ;)
Yea, that was a typo or auto spell check I didn't catch.

Back
Top Bottom