Gen Xers new to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsrobin

My husband and I travel a lot for our jobs so we are both sick of hotel rooms and airports.  We also have a three-year old and two dogs, and the worst part of going on vacation was always having to put the dogs in a kennel, and lugging all of our son's "stuff" in and out of the hotel room. 

So we decided to try an RV vacation -- we had both RV'd a lot during our childhood in Texas.

Initially, we were going to rent, but decided to buy instead.  We had wonderful time trekking across the country -- thanks to this site -- we found out about where to stay while going down the road.  It made the trip truly enjoyable because it became more spontaneous. 

We were very surprised at how  many young families have done the same thing.  And we now have a long list of friends with kids wanting to borrow our RV when we are not using it.

Tom

Administrator
Hi rsrobin. Sounds like you got bit by the RVing bug. Glad to hear you were able to find some useful information here and glad that you had a great trip.

Shayne

Welcome to the forum and happy you are enjoying the Rving.  Be careful on the loaning, it won't be taken care of the way you would.  If there is a problem you will lose a friend.  Better to tell them no and if you lose them, they weren't a friend in the 1st place. I wouldn't loan mine to anyone except my Son or possibly 2 others.  Not even my Son-in law  JMHO

Carl L

Moderator Emeritus
We were very surprised at how  many young families have done the same thing.  And we now have a long list of friends with kids wanting to borrow our RV when we are not using it.

Are you talking about a motorhome or a trailer?  In either case, be careful about loaning it out.  RV living takes a bit of experience and learned skills.  Also your insurance company may take a bit of umberage about strange drivers.

Top Bottom