General Honey RV questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slate91

we've recently purchased an old, 1984 Honey RV. I don't really know what I'm doing, and I have a few general questions. Is there anyone I might be able to correspond with (i.e. email etc.) about this type of RV?

thanks

You can probably get a lot of help right here, because most RV systems are very similar and sometimes identical.  That's because there are only a few suppliers of things like refrigerators, stoves, water heaters and furnaces. Motorhome chassis, trailer axles/brakes, etc. are also limited to just a few brands.

I'm not familiar with the Honey brand, but if memory serves it is a class C motohome?  If you could identify the chassis make (Ford, Chevy or Dodge, most likely) and the brands of any appliances or systems you would like to know more about, very likely soeone can help.

You can also get copies of owner's manuals for the various appliances and such, either from the manufacturer's or parts supplier web site or by copying one owned by another RVer. Most appliance manuals cover multiple models, so other Rvers may have manuals that apply tio your.  RVers are friendly, so don't be afraid to ask owners of other older rigs if they have a manual that might aply to yours.  Then a quick trip to a copy machine (or using your own scanner/printer) gets you a manual.

RV Repair and Maintenance Manual 4 Ed
by Bob Livingston
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0934798702/002-0217564-7978425?v=glance

Back
Top Bottom