Generator Coming on By Its Own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reodad

Hi.  Went to the dealers who were working on my 2003 Travel Supreme DSO4 to hopefully solve a leveling/air system issue.  Noticed my coach generator was running.  The door was locked, the main power switch at the entrance was off, no key in the ignition.  Asked the service manager why it was running.  He had a puzzled look & said it was not running when he arrived at 7 am  This was now around 10:30sh am.  He said he noticed that it was running and did not know why.  His rv mechanic was out sick.  He said no one else is working on or in the coach, and the key was at his desk in the office.  May be an AGS system but I don't have the documentation to determine if so.  Any ideas? Thanks

I would say you have two options to follow up on:
1)  An automated system which kicks the generator on when batteries need charging

Or

2.) Gremlins

AGS seems most likely to me too, but our AGS defaults to Off every time the RV's engine is started. That's to prevent the very situation you're experiencing - an unwanted start. Unwanted starts can be a real problem if it happens while the RV is in storage, and no one is around to shut it off.

Kev

Moisture in an Onan genset wiring harness has been known to cause this - it is not a rare problem on the QD 7500/8000 models.  Some time with a hair dryer, especially on the wiring to the remote start switches, may help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom