Generator upgrade ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what im trying to work with
Recap- Emerald Plus 4000

The generator i have that's inoperable is
4BGEFA26100H - E910392177

The generator id like to use
Emerald Plus 6500
6.5NHEFA26100N - C973656220

You could feed that extra 20A circuit to a 20A outlet accessible from outside. It's on a gen breaker, generally not fed through the transfer switch (not needed).

Well i picked up the generator on Sunday as planned. The seller demonstrated it by load bank testing it . I actually saw it run fully loaded on both phases.

He showed me what all was done to it parts replaced and maintenance he performed . He's a retired generator tech pretty well down to earth type of guy.

He and his daughter works together . I mean I went to his well equipped shop he has at his home . He works on all types of gens mostly commercial.

The gen is basically size wise don't seem any bigger than the 4000. Looks straight forward its going to go. My main concern was the remote starter connector that is different.

Then i was looking for a solution and found an adaptor

Attachments

• linked_image.jpg
    linked_image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Good for you... I would have probably done the same thing... My only concern would be fuel usage while boondocking.. Of course if your not using the extra electrical load, it probably doesn't use much more fuel...
Butch

If the generator was wired for full output on one circuit you might have an issue. Since it looks like you have one 30A and one 20A breaker you will be all set with the existing wiring.

Good for you... I would have probably done the same thing... My only concern would be fuel usage while boondocking.. Of course if your not using the extra electrical load, it probably doesn't use much more fuel...
Butch

I really don't think it would use much more fuel if any . If it does it be very little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom