George Foreman in your RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

How many George Foreman appliances are in your RV?  Which one do you use most?  Which one was a waste of money?

Have you discovered unexpected uses for your George Foreman appliance?

Steve said:
How many George Foreman appliances are in your RV?? Which one do you use most?? Which one was a waste of money?

None.  They never really impressed us.

Steve said:
How many George Foreman appliances are in your RV?  Which one do you use most?  Which one was a waste of money?

Steve

We just have the one, large GF grill. use it constantly in place of the oven/broiler. Just regular  grilling, nothing unexpected and not a waste of money. Marlene just has to remember not to pour the grease down the sink :( :(

Steve

Wew have several GF grills that we use at home, in the RV and while afloat. and Chris gets a lot of use out of them. I especially like it when I don't have to grill outside in the winter time  ;D

Steve said:
How many George Foreman appliances are in your RV?? Which one do you use most?? Which one was a waste of money?

Peg and I have the George Foreman GRP4 grill. We like it a lot. Throw a couple of stakes or pork chops on it and by the time you have finished your salad the meat is ready. Hamburgers are very good and all the grease drains out.

Another appliance that Peg loves with her arthritis is the Black & Decker jar opener. We bought one online from WalMart. Works great.

Ned and I had a GF and used it so much that the coating started coming off so we replaced it with a Hamilton Beach with removeable plates and use just about every night.  We bought the HB before GF came out with the removeable plates.  Wouldn't be without it.

Have a small version of Lorna's Hamilton Beach - good for a couple hamburgers or steaks (NOT Tom sized steaks ;D) Mine doesn't have the removeable grates, but I'll upgrade to one that does soon. Great appliance and.... and.... the H.B. is a lot less expensive than the G.F.

Steve said:
How many George Foreman appliances are in your RV?? Which one do you use most?? Which one was a waste of money?Have you discovered unexpected uses for your George Foreman appliance?

We have a GF grill and use it often.  I wonder who has grilled vegetables on it?  I always want to do that but haven't yet.

Betty

We have both electric George & propane George.  Electric George doesn't get a lot of use but is available when for some reason we don't want to use Propane George.

Karl said:
good for a couple hamburgers or steaks (NOT Tom sized steaks ;D)

LOL Karl, we actually have a couple of different sizes of GF. If it's just the two of us, Chris brings out the smallest one - plenty big enough for a couple of filet mignon.

Our GF grill doubles as a toaster.  Since we bake our own  bread in our bread machine, the slices are large and can be cut thick, which fits just fine in GF.  Also the texture of the toast is less crusty than in a conventional toaster.

Lorna said:
Ned and I had a GF and used it so much that the coating started coming off so we replaced it with a Hamilton Beach with removeable plates and use just about every night.  We bought the HB before GF came out with the removeable plates.  Wouldn't be without it.

Howdy, Lorna.
I am considering buying one of these grills. Does your HB give off much heat onto the countertop?

Thanks,
Liz

We are new full-timers and have a small version of the GF grill with removable grills.  I have used it to grill yellow squash.  I just spray a little butter on the slices.  You have to slice it thicker and grill for just a few minutes then put Mrs. Dash or other seasoning on it and it is wonderful low fat and low calorie. 

Liz

Hope your recovery is going well.  For some reason I did not get your message regarding the HB and heat on the counter until today.  I set the grill on the counter and haven't had any problem with it heating up the counter.

Lorna said:
Liz

Hope your recovery is going well.  For some reason I did not get your message regarding the HB and heat on the counter until today.  I set the grill on the counter and haven't had any problem with it heating up the counter.

Howdy, Lorna.
Yes, I am feeling pretty human again.  ;D  Thanks for the info on the HB.

Regards,
Liz

Hi Liz and Jack, too

Forgot to ask are you at home in FL now or where are you?

I would like the hb also i have one of the small ones.

What's an HB?  We also carry a small George Foreman in the motorhome.

ArdraF

hb = Hamilton Beach.  This thread is over 2 years old.

Back
Top Bottom