George Mullen is checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dolphin Jockey

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Tom and the gang for telling me of this new community.  Just wanted to let you all know I am alive and doing well.  Getting ready for another trip to Palm Springs area for some more quality time with our son and newest granddaughter.  They were at our houise last weekend but we didn't get enough time with them.  She is growing so fast we don't want to miss anything.

Most of you know I have a daughter, SIL and two granddaughters living near Pensacola FL.  If all goes well it looks like the USAF is transferring my SIL to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas.  That will put most of my family within 1 day's driving time.  Guess we'll get to find out what Las Vegas weather is like in the summertime.  Also, Jean has a sister living there so that will give us another reason to spend more time in southern NV.

Best regards,
George

Hi George. Thanks for checking in. Hope to see you around some more.

Hi Tom,

Thank you kindly.  I truly hope this new(?) community pans out well for all concerned.

I just started playing around with this new format and so far I like what I see.

Best regards,
George

Glad you like the format George. Folks were having a real tough time with the "other" one. Like you, I'm hoping this will work better for everyone.

Hi Tom,

It's nice to see I've earned one star already.  I'm on a roll. (BG)

Have only one question for now.  How do I increase the font size.  Can't type and hold a magnifying glass to my notebook display at the same time.  I've found the font size button on the reply screen but haven't figured out the code to making it work.  Help!

George Mullen said:
Have only one question for now.? How do I increase the font size.? Can't type and hold a magnifying glass to my notebook display at the same time.? I've found the font size button on the reply screen but haven't figured out the code to making it work.? Help!

Good to see you here, old friend.

For reading, the font will scale if you change the browser font size.? However, this will change it for all web pages.? It's easy to do in most browsers, just use Ctl-> to make it larger and Ctl-< for smaller.

To change the font size in a reply, highlight the text you want to change and click the font size button in the toolbar (2nd from right on the top toolbar).? You can change the size= tag to specify any size, this is 12pt.

Hi Ned,

For reading, the font will scale if you change the browser font size.  However, this will change it for all web pages.  It's easy to do in most browsers, just use Ctl-> to make it larger and Ctl-< for smaller.

Doesn't work for Mozilla which I normally use.  Haven't tried it with either Firefox or MSIE.  Thanks for the tip.

To change the font size in a reply, highlight the text you want to change and click the font size button in the toolbar (2nd from right on the top toolbar).  You can change the size= tag to specify any size, this is 12pt.

Okay, let's see if I can make that work.  It worked; the previous sentence should be 14pt.  Next question: is there a way to set the default point size to somethiing other than the current size (10pt?)?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome, my friend.  Again, my apologies for not being able to meet with you and Pat last weekend.

is there a way to set the default point size to somethiing other than the current size (10pt?)?

If there is, it must be a global option.  I can't find anything in the Profiles to change it.  I would like something bigger than 10pt myself.  12pt would be much better and not be too large on the lower resolutions.

Hi Ned,

In the absence of a global setting for font size I'm going to use Firefox for this community.  With Firefox I can hold the Ctrl key and scroll to wheel on my mouse to change the entire screen font size.  Right now the forum software may be accepting my input as 10pt size but on my display it looks like about 16pt-bold.  Sure is a lot easier on the eyes.

Hi George,

Happy to see you here. ?We have missed you lately. ?We are in Yuma, AZ where we bought a lot zoned R2 which means I can have my RV and a house or 2 RV's on it. ?So far we haven't put a house on it and don't have any immediate plans to do so. ?I'm trying an experiment this morning - accessing the forum via Verizon's 1XRTT. ?It's not too bad. ?A bit slow, but not nearly as bad as the old CS forum. ?IOW it's liveable for when we are away from our lot and my 1.5 MHz DSL line ?;D

IAC, now that you are here don't be a stranger!

Hi Don,

I'm delighted to hear from you again.  I've been wondering what happened to you and where you are.  Sounds like a lot of folks are setting up in the Yuma area.  Hope that works out well for you.

Hi George,

>>Again, my apologies for not being able to meet with you and Pat last weekend.<<

Not a problem. We were sorry we couldn't get together but Family is more important than Framily. :) Hope you had a great visit.

Hi Jim

Hope you had a great visit.

We certainly did.  This past weekend is the first time we saw her walking by herself.  She had a ball investigating everything within reach throughtout the house that she could reach.  Later this month we're taking the MH to Palm Springs for another visit -- probably the last one until Thanksgiving.

George,

George Mullen said:
Hi Don,

I'm delighted to hear from you again. I've been wondering what happened to you and where you are. Sounds like a lot of folks are setting up in the Yuma area. Hope that works out well for you.

As a sysop I was pretty well obligated to frequent the old format - didn't see much of you there so hoope we will see you a lot more frequently here  ;D

We really enjoy it here in Yuma.  Plenty of handy shopping, restaurants, etc. as well as good doctors and a fine new hospital.

Back
Top Bottom