Georgetown Motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you tried to google on the Georgetown MH?  When I did I found reviews at: http://www.motorhomeadvice.com/mhreviews/view_forum.php?id=33

Don't recall hearing about them till your post.  May not be very well known so real quality may not be kown.

Fastphil,

We have a '99 Georgetown motorhome. Not familiar with other motorhomes,we consider it to be a very good coach. Ours has the F53 ford V10, and have found this combination to have plenty of power. Warren Buffett bought the company last year I believe.

Forest River (manufacturer) was sold about a year ago and I have not had any dealings with them in almost as long for the warranty. They were before then, difficult to deal with on warranty issues. It is an entry level vehicle and quality is not a virtue found in upper end units.

I researched class A's for a year and a half. I just took delivery on a new 2006 Georgetown 326DSF-XL, and I can't be happier so far. Georgetown (Forest River) was purchased by Warren Buffet (one of the riches guys in the world). I think you're gonna start seeing a lot more. If you search Georgetown on RV.NET, you will see tons of very positive feedback.

I have a 2005 Georgetown 370 and I have had nothing but problems - electrical to water leaks - the dealer has had it more than I have and its going back AGAIN...... I am fed up!!!

fastphil said:
I am considering an entry level, gas powered MH and the Georgetown came across my radar screen.? Anything known about them?? Engine seemed small.

I grew up -- went to grade school and high school in Georgetown, KY. When I first started looking at RV's in '94, I looked pretty hard at a Georgetown. I thought it would be really neat to drive down main street of my home town in an RV displaying the "Georgetown" logo.

Georgetown, Ky in my time of the 40's and early 50's had a population of 5-6,000. Then Toyota discovered that Georgetown was the intersection of North and South major freeways, had a train station, an ever wet creek running though it, and a great tax base. Now, one of their largest plants is located there (Camray's, Avolon's, etc.). My sister bought a Camray once and put a license holder that read, "Me and My car were made in Georgetown".

Anyway, I wound up then buying a Winny Brave -- got a better deal and liked the floor plan better. Guess I'm not much help, but thought you might enjoy my little story.  ;)

I once looked at the Georgetowns by Forest River when I was thinking new RV.  I was interested in the Workhorse but only saw the Ford chassis.  No dealer could ever answer why no Workhorses.  I ended up with a used RV with the V10 and am happy though and saved a few bucks.

Would you care to elaborate, leaking?  Sounds like you have had a bad experience, but most every brand has a few of those stories floating around.

By the way, welcome to The RV Forum.

we have a new gtown very pleased with it all class a gasser now have ford v10 hp and torque are very adequate
mpg ok, quality no problem i always find it interesting that brand w says they are the best,brand t says they are the best
its like ford vs chevy who cares i bought what i liked and dont care what opinion you have of my brand ,i purchased what i liked paid for it and i hope you enjoys yours .if i had got a newmar (which i think is just fine) i would still have the same drivetrain
brianj 

Back
Top Bottom