Georgia RV Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JANE4351

I know this is probably boring to you experience RVers, but for me this is great excitement. We went to our first RV show. We are thinking about buying an RV next year, but we want to rent one first. We checked out the RV show, and really liked the Winnebago Sightseer 29R. The sales person was absolutely great. She took the time and explained everything from the driving area to the sleeping area. We were also able to get tons of information on campgrounds at various locations in and around Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida, and Virgina. I never realized that there are so many place to go and things to do right here in Georgia. We were going to rent a Class C, but now were are going to rent something similar to the Sightseer. This will determine if RVing is really for us.

Glad to hear you're doing your homework Jane. No, it's not boring at all and I for one am glad to see you're making some progress towards buying the RV that will best suit your needs.

Hi Jane,

welcome to the forum. No, it's not boring to us to find someone excited about RVing. We love to see new folks join us and hope you will stick around and share your experiences. I remember fondly our first ever RV show was Perry, GA in 1995. Even though it rained the whole time we had a ball. The neatest thing was Roy Clark was the featured entertainer on Saturday night. It was the most enjoyable show I have ever seen.

I hope you will stick around and share your experiences with us. Please ask any questions you might have. I'm sure some of us can supply the answers.

JANE4351 said:
I know this is probably boring to you experience RVers, but for me this is great excitement. We went to our first RV show. We are thinking about buying an RV next year, but we want to rent one first. We checked out the RV show, and really liked the Winnebago Sightseer 29R. The sales person was absolutely great. She took the time and explained everything from the driving area to the sleeping area. We were also able to get tons of information on campgrounds at various locations in and around Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida, and Virgina. I never realized that there are so many place to go and things to do right here in Georgia. We were going to rent a Class C, but now were are going to rent something similar to the Sightseer. This will determine if RVing is really for us.

I love RV shows for new information and comparison shopping.? We also rented a class A before purchasing and it was money very well spent.? Experiences of new RVers are never boring to us.? We love to help you out so that you? not repeat some of the many? "dumb things" we did.? It is all part of the fun of the lifestyle. I have never been to Georgia but when we began to RV I? never realized how many fun things there were to do within 200 miles of our? home? town.? It is all in perspective and how you? search for the fun things to do.? Enjoy and tell us all about it.

Betty Brewer

RV shows are a great place to see different RV/s and compare one against another as well as test drive several different brands.  Renting an RV or two is a great ideato see what you like and what you don't as well as if RVing is for you.  The RV lifestyle will give you a chance to meet some great people and have some great experiences.

Well Jane, as I type this I am sitting in my motorhome, at the Lynden (WA) Fair Grounds, connected by WiFi, along with about 160 other Winnebago RVs, about eighteen of which are dealer demos from various parts of the State.  Poulsbro RV have sold three since they arrived at this State Winnebago rally earlier today (it being 2200hrs as I type).

I enjoy these rallies even though there is no way I'm going trade my 1990 Elandan--I couldn't afford one of these new jobbies no matter how much saliva dribbled out my mouth as I went through them and oohed and ahhhed at all the toys they have installed in them.

I hope you'll find a rig that appeals to you emotionally at a price your pocket book can support.

All the best.

Ciao,

Doug

Jane,
May I suggest you rent a rig and come visit with us during the first week of November in Tifton, GA?  Several RV Forum members will be getting together then and you could meet some folks, ask questions and get some first hand expereince in both RVs and the comraderie that we enjoy. Most of the attendees will be other RVers from GA, NC, FL and other nearby places.

We call this particular annual gathering the RV Forum Southeast Fall Rally, but don't let that intimnidate you. It's just a bunch of friendly folks camping at the same place and enjoying each other's company. No rally fees or organized activities, though sometimes we all chip in to buy meat for a group BBQ or something like that.

For info on the rally location and dates, see http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1064.0

One of he great thing about this show, is that it was inside a huge Expo Center. On the down side you really couldn't test drive the vehicle. But, I am sure that if I was going to make a great purchase, I could have test drove anything.? :D

Thanks Doug for the invite, but this November is a little too soon for us. But don't count us out for another time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom