Georgie Boy Landau vs. Fleetwood Terra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

I made the mistake of letting my wife look at a Class A motorhome !  Almost had her convinced on a class C but she really liked the space of the class A. Today we looked at several. The Sightseer was the best quality on the surface, but the Landau and Terra sure seem to offer a lot for the $. The quality of materials seemed lesser on those, but the price was less too , and probably more of what we can afford. The Landau on the Workhorse P32 was new to me, although I thought I read something about brake problems ? Anyone with views on these two, please post !
Thanks for all the help, everyone !

I'm not surprised she fell for the Class A - it's usually offers more for the money.

The late model P32 is a reliable enough chassis, but Workhorse has recently replaced it with a smaller version of their great W-series chassis used on larger rigs.  There is now a W16 and a W18 (the number indicates weight capacity) and I would prefer that over the P32. It's simply a more modern and more robust chassis, all the way around.  However, there are many thousands of P32's on the road with happy owners.

I don't know what you have heard about P32 brakes, but let me assure you it will stop fine and is safe to drive. P32's have a somewhat unusual parking brake mechanism that is automatically engaged when the transmission is placed in Park. Over the years this mechanism has sometimes been known to stick occasionally and cause problems.

Those very same motorhomes are available on the  Ford F53 motorhome chassis if you would prefer a Ford product. It is also an excellent choice.

I just purchaced a Landau  245DS-P32 Workhorse  in November. Its a 2005 leftover and it has the regular left foot floor parking break.  I have only driven it for a 100 miles or so but like how it handles as I am new to class A.  you can PM me with any questions. 

Smokeater1,
Your post sounds like exactly what I went through. I was dead set on a C and the wife talked me into the A. I was dead set on a Sunova like the Sightseer for the quality, but would have sacrificed size. I really liked the Georgie Boys. In the end, I ordered an 06 Georgetown 326DSF XL. I think I made a great decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom