German/US couple buying an RV for 6 month road trip in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear all,

Many thanks for your replies! Currently, we are focussing on other paperwork then the buying our rig part, so therefor responses are slow but Im sure we weill be checking it much more frequently towards the end of the year!

Thanks Kirk for the two articles! I will read those soon. It looks very promising :) With regard to age of trailer/5th wheel. We are relatively flexible and probably aiming at somethign in the "mid age" meaning somewhere between 2002 - 2019. It all depends on how well it was taken care by previous owners. We have seen some decent older ones but also really wrecked newer ones. All a matter of price/condition of the actual trailer. We definitely wont take anythign built during Corona times since build quality must have gone down tremendously as we heard.

@Tony: I will definitely come back to you to chat about your experience once we are gettign closer. Thank you for the offer!! :)

We had aimed (financially) for a 2016 and we’re surprised to find an ‘18 we could afford. It did end up needing about $5k in work so we ended up in a good place.

I have a friend from UK and another from AU who owned RVs in this country but they kept them for several years traveling back and forth between countries to use them. I was going to offer some thoughts, but since alku1 has not been back since a few hours after the first post, it looks to be a waste of time.
Hi Kirk,
Any comment is useful, as stated by Jackie mac it takes time to get all the ducks in a row, currently I, although UK based, am in Europe up a mountain (Pyrenees), waiting for responses from US Insurance coy.
Any observation will help other members in a small way.
We (assumed )do not have the funds to buy an RV in USA. If we did it would be a Class B+ (we have a 24 Yr old Fiat Ducato) as they for us are ideal in Europe.
I was about to start a new post pertinent to our needs and came across this one, which has similar info.
So what observations do you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom