Get-together at the DeMars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Despite the miserable Connecticut weather we had a terrific forum get-together at Linda & Paul DeMars summer home base today.  Others in attendance were:

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Jan & Tim Lynch
Jim & Pat Dick
George & Anne Foster
Pete Harpin

We swapped a lot of tall tales, ate our fill of ham, sweet potatoes & various side dishes, and then proceeded to stuff ourselves with desserts - a choice of apple or blueberry pie (with ice cream) or fresh baked brownies. After dinner,  Pete Harpin & Jim Dick entertained us with slide shows.  Photos attached...

Attachments

• DSCF0972 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0972 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0973 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0973 (Small).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0974 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0974 (Small).JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 31
Gary,

It sure was great seeing all of you again. Sure glad we could get back in time for the party. Hope to see you again before you head north. If this weather doesn't clear up I'll be headed to TGO!!! :)

Thanks for sharing the photos.  If any of you see George again please let him know that Shirley is still chasing deer off from Sam's Camp.  Oh and we saw a deer just last evening out our windshield here at Sam's Camp.

We enjoyed our day (and food) together with Pete Harpin, the DeMars, Dicks, Fosters and Brinks. This was our first time meeting the Fosters and the Brinks, it was our pleasure.

Jim's slide show was a treat with lots of beautiful photos.

We will leave here Saturday and maybe we can pull the poor weather away from here.

Tim & Jan said:
We enjoyed our day (and food) together with Pete Harpin, the DeMars, Dicks, Fosters and Brinks. This was our first time meeting the Fosters and the Brinks, it was our pleasure.

Jim's slide show was a treat with lots of beautiful photos.

We will leave here Saturday and maybe we can pull the poor weather away from here.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would take the bad weather with you. :) We were delighted we could make the gathering and see everyone. It's always a pleasure when we meet forum framily anywhere in the world. I hope the "slide show" wasn't too boring. :) It was a great year for flowers in the Southwest!

Jim,

I took the fifty pics I took in Moab along with the ones you gave me and made a screen saver slide show. Its really pretty neat. Its on our home computer, my laptop, my work computer and Sheila's work computer.

Glad you made back to New England safe and sound.

Your Get-together at the DeMars sounds like it was fun. Miss you all.

Ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Jim,

I took the fifty pics I took in Moab along with the ones you gave me and made a screen saver slide show. Its really pretty neat. Its on our home computer, my laptop, my work computer and Sheila's work computer.

Glad you made back to New England safe and sound.

Your Get-together at the DeMars sounds like it was fun. Miss you all.

Ken

Hi Ken,

We miss you guys as well. If you were still working in NE you could have joined us. :)

I made a slide show with Prismiq using some of my Moab photos. Attached an audio file of and Indian flute. I think it worked pretty well. Still have to put together some flower pics for a show also.

Wish we could have been at your dinner.  Paul and Linda are very gracious hosts and we enjoyed our visit with them last year.  Did you tell Porge to get online here, he and Ann are missed.

Anyone get lost getting out of that park?

RV Roamer said:
Despite the miserable Connecticut weather we had a terrific forum get-together at Linda & Paul DeMars summer home base today.  Others in attendance were:

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Jan & Tim Lynch
Jim & Pat Dick
George & Anne Foster
Pete Harpin

We swapped a lot of tall tales, ate our fill of ham, sweet potatoes & various side dishes, and then proceeded to stuff ourselves with desserts - a choice of apple or blueberry pie (with ice cream) or fresh baked brownies. After dinner,  Pete Harpin & Jim Dick entertained us with slide shows.  Photos attached...

Oh, what great pictures. And that summer home is lovely.  Thank you, Gary.  :D  :D

Regards,
Liz

Paul has done a very nice job with the used park model they bought two years ago. He & I gutted the original to the walls and started over again with new cabinets, additional windows, new stove. fridge & microwave, etc.  That is still an ongoing project. Paul added the lovely enclosed deck you see in the pictures and then last spring I helped him put in the knotty pine and the wall of windows overlooking the brook.  He has continued the improvements and it came out really nice.

Back
Top Bottom