Getting back on the road.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Well back on the road on Saturday. We are pulling out of Havasu and heading for Flagstaff on the first leg. Going from 111 degrees today, to about 72 in Flagstaff. With a little luck, we should be out for about 5 months. If things go sideways, with the Covid or the protests, we will be back. We have a tentative route, unless something comes up. I am looking forward to getting away from projects here at the house for a while!

We go counter clockwise as far east as New Mexico, and Oregon to the north, then back down the coast and wind up back in Az.  It should be fun to get out on the road again.

Have a great trip. I hope this means posts and updates from you during the trip. I always enjoy your posts and until my own retirement can occur, I live and learn vicariously through your experiences and information.

Have Fun and Stay Safe Sarge. 

I agree with you.  It is time to make some Great Memories.

JD 

Here is the route that Diane planned out for us.  Should be a blast!

I may fire up the trip blog this trip. It gives me a focus and reminds me to be observant of all the places we stay. 

Diane has her trip journal set up and ready to go. You can find hers at http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2020

Attachments

• Travel Map.jpg
    Travel Map.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 44
Sarge, I see you're going to be close to Grand Junction, CO.  If you have time and haven't seen it, take a half day Jeep drive thru the Colorado Monument.  We did last year and stayed at James Robb State Park for two nights.  It's a great park on the Colorado River.

garyb1st said:
Sarge, I see you're going to be close to Grand Junction, CO.  If you have time and haven't seen it, take a half day Jeep drive thru the Colorado Monument.  We did last year and stayed at James Robb State Park for two nights.  It's a great park on the Colorado River.
X 2,

Also consider exploring McInnis Canyon area, we just had a short drive to a viewpoint near McDonald Creek (photos) but it looks like an interesting area!

Attachments

• 45560763_10156208375081596_6589228221525393408_o.jpg
    45560763_10156208375081596_6589228221525393408_o.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 45544779_10156208375351596_6886915978223943680_o.jpg
    45544779_10156208375351596_6886915978223943680_o.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 19
No problems with warm weather in yellowstone and the Tetons,, light snow and cold rain  but this should move out in a day ,  while there are plenty of traffic on the roads, it's not over bearing . Its amazing that in some regions the diesel prices are just a few pennies less than the gas prices for you  guys. 

jackiemac said:
X 2,

Also consider exploring McInnis Canyon area, we just had a short drive to a viewpoint near McDonald Creek (photos) but it looks like an interesting area!

Jackie, documenting the memories.  I love Big Nature! Going to put that in the Idea Bank. (Idea Bulb Just went off)

I am new to the game and still Figuring out how not to Rush it and need to start checking Weather Patterns in Regions.

/
Sarge,...When you shared...This 5 Month Loop and when you talk "111F" on Launch Day, Yea,...I Get eXactly what you are saying....

Go, Get Em Sarge!!

Bust out that Ink Pen and Scribe another Chapter in, "The Great Adventure of Life" Novel you've been working on.

Have a Blast!

JD

Oh and BA, BA, Dang, Got no use for Diesel anymore, but you shared Diesel Prices Low, Yea I see that too. 

I use to work with a guy, he used a bit of diesel with with water. Going for that Savage Tan as he would say.  Yea, ..I promise... 

Out on the Oil Rigs we use to.... like Idiots go shirt less.  He Factored in Boating / Skiing and Showering daily after work.  ;D

Everybody, Be Safe and Street Smart out there.  We have Lives in our hands.

Ready to Launch, Eagle-1 and the Rover!

JD

Idaho is not really mentioned that much. But we have enjoyed some beautiful and easy roads on the eastern portion of the state. Hwy 26 is one big Awh moment after the other

By the way there are some primitive  campsites set up along the river with comfort stations  on Hwy 84 from  Norris to Bozeman montana. And the road is beautiful even though its windy.. but it's good enough for 18 wheelers and does limits 65 to 70 in some areas

Talking of Idaho, Redfish Lake and the Sawtooth Mountains in Stanley are incredible.  We then moved to the Wagonhammer RV Park just outside Salmon River, it was a beautiful location with plenty to explore.

Sarge, what are you doing to minimize your risk of exposure to the Coronavirus?  I'm interested in your process in purchasing fuel and your interactions with RV Park hosts and management.  Also any other precautions if any?  We have a process for purchasing gas for the Jeep but haven't had the Pace Arrow out yet.  While I expect there won't be any difference, I'd still like your thoughts.  Usually we camp at BLM, Forest Service, Corp parks and similar.  We only go to an RV park if a public park is not available or when we need to do laundry or dump the tanks and fill the water tank.   

Thanks 
Gary

Well Gary, this lifestyle minimizes the risks. We are in Flagstaff and find that the businesses we have went into have had social distancing in mind. Many have Plexiglas barriers in place, and minimize up close contacts with customers. We carry hand sanitizer and use masks when appropriate. 

You can pick your stations when fueling and timing is up to you. Neither Diane or I am in the danger category as far as the risk goes. We exercise daily, and try to eat healthy. Overall we are in a low risk category. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom