getting dish network in my rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chef john

I am currently a dish network member and would like to get it in my rv. At home I have a dish500 system with the dvr522 reciever. How can I get Dish in my RV. Do I have to open and pay for a whole other account? Can someone help? Please

I just added a second reciever & used my old Dish 500 dish on a tripod.  Also I purchased a Winegard signal finder to make it easier to set up at the campground. I get all my channels except the locals I get at home with my Superdish. All you have to pay is $5.00 for the second reciever or you could just take yours from home.

John:

Do you have a sat dish on your RV? If you do then order the second receiver FOR YOUR HOME to avoid paying for an additional account. You can install it in m/h with little trouble although it takes a little practice to tune in the sat signal.

If you do not have a sat dish on the rig you have a couple of  options: Have an antennae installed on the roof or purchase a portable to set up while you are RVing. In either case the receiver from your house will work with these antennae although a manual roof-mounted Wineguard does not receive both Dish satellites  (110w AND 119) simultaneously. An automatic roof mount will switch Sat's when required or a manual tripod mount with a Dish dual LNB can be set up to receive both at the same time.

Jeff is right on the money.  With a Wineguard, it will not pick up both Sats.  Actually on ours, we couldn't recieve Dir TV either.  DTV canceled our contract immediately but the dang Dish Net was never hooked up and they wanted $240 to cancel the connection.  Now they turned it over to a colllection agency and it's down to $97.  Yhey've been told to shove it in the dark side and their heads with it.  I won't paid for something I never got.  Between the 2 networks they spent 3 and 1/2 days trying to set it up and couldn't  I have been doing without for so long, I'm accustomed to it now and don't need TV.  More fun running from the Boss,  those lumps hurt. Besides  I'd rather read the rv forum.

thank you for your help. I guess I need to buy another dish for my rv and then use my reciever from home. What about the switch that is used buy the dvr522 system to go back and forth between the two satellites. Do I need to purchase that also? Where can I get this equipment? Can I just call up Dish network and have an extra reciever sent to me and pay a $5 per month usage fee? I rather not goto the trouble of pulling the receiver from my house everytime I go camping. But at the same time if were to save me $60 a year... well you know ;) I really only have time to go camping 4 or 5 times a year.

I use a 625 with just one sattalite,  I use a splitter (The one suggested by MOTOSAT, not the one that came with the receiver)

and a roof mounted (For the moment) Auto=in-motion-tracking Dish (Motosat) no special stuff other than that Dish-Network splitter (which you get for a Dish-Network sales distributor)

Here is what you need to know to set up a DISH 635 for a single sattalite

One, Choose your bird,  Dish can tell you what channels are on which bird, The TV guide on 110 is only a few days long, the TV-Guide on 119 is much longer (weeks) but this is not normally a concern since you can program a "Search for shows by title" on a 635

Your "Super city" will need to be selected so as to make sure the one you pick is on the sattalite you pick (this is part of your RV declaration)

Now, comes to hooking up,  Dish lead goes to the splitter, Pass through to receiver 1, other to receiver 2,  Turn on.  MENU-6-1-1 and in the option that shows 500, change it (The other option is 300) in the sattalite option enter the birid of chioce (110 or 119) and from there on it's easy (You should know how to do it if you have done it for a 500 dish)

It's that easy

Option 2: I have two dish antennas here, a 300 and a 500.  I've yet to hook up, one of those will be hitting the road with me, just not yet sure which

(For when the signal to the T-2 Automotion on my roof sufferes from the microwave eating tree I'm parked under, IE: right now)

We have an extra Dish Network dish in our motorhome....bought it on eBay. You could also call your local DN installer and ask if they have any extra dishes laying around that they'd sell. We take out receiver out of the house...leave the wires hanging where they're easy to get at and you just plug everything back in when you get home. Takes Mike about 5 minutes to hook us back up when we get home from a trip and about the same amount of time to hook up in the motorhome where he also leaves the wires hanging for easy access.

There are local sat installers that will  probably have the equipment you need. The extra receiver will probably be cheapest from Dish.

Back
Top Bottom