Getting more air flow from house fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Does not matter if its a more expensive house fan, tripod fan or box fan the result is the same, not enough airflow. Is there a way to modify the fan blades so it pushes more air? I sit 36 inches from it and i cant feel it.

Is there a way to modify the fan blades so it pushes more air?
IF you can bend the fan blades to be at a sharper angle to the airflow, and IF the blades will still clear their cage, and IF the motor will continue to drive that heavier load without burning out, then perhaps so. I'd look for something better, perhaps the Vornado mentioned above.

Last edited:
I guess i could try the heat gun. But i think your right Larry, the little motor may not drive a heavier load of air.

I like the vornado, how cool..

lol thats funny ChasA... industrial fan, that might just blow the RV apart lol

I would try this one. I had one for years. It just died 2 days ago. It has the most forceful, focused air stream I have ever felt from a fan even twice its size. I just ordered another one. They have bigger ones. Vornado may not last forever but I have found NOTHING that moves air like they do. Vornado 133 7 in. Compact Whole Room Air Circulator Table Fan-CR1-0221-06 - The Home Depot
I have that Vornado fan and it blows plenty of air on me from 3 feet away and more.

I can sit 3 ft. away from a $20, 20 inch Walmart box fan and anything higher than Low speed blowas me out of my chair. Usually it's propped in an open window on the opposite side of the RV from my chair. Be sure to open a second window to let the air it's pushing into the RV out.

Back
Top Bottom