Getting ready for a new to me style of fishing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaycomlok

Going to try spider rig crappie fishing. Got 4 new jig poles and reel so as soon as the weather give us a little break on a weekend I'm going to give it a try. Not new to crappie fishing guess I've caught them about every way but this one. Couple of pics of a Saturday and Sunday morning catch from last year.

Attachments

• jig poles.jpg
    jig poles.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 42
  • ff1.jpg
    ff1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 32
Let us know how you do. I had to look it up to understand what spider rig meant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6tU4IDOUK4

I have not seen any crappie that big where I'm at right now.  I have gotten 34 so far this year with my kayak.  They have been hitting good on corn and soft rubber fish.

I would love to see some that size.

We're supposed to have Crappie in my little lake in my back yard, but I have not caught one yet.  In my younger days, we used to catch tons of Crappie with the little jigs they show in that video.  Just drop them down over the side of the boat, and sink 'em to the bottom.  Then jig them up slowly.  Drop 'em again, jig 'em up, and so on.  But I just have not got one out of this little lake yet.  But I did get this little fellow this morning before the Superbowl festivities started.

Attachments

• Bass_2-7-21 (Medium).jpg
    Bass_2-7-21 (Medium).jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 20
What length rods are you using? I tourney fished with a buddy who was set up for rigging & those 16' rods were a handful !! I'm not a big fan of rigging since I'm fishing for fun, but you sure can sweep an area with that set up. Finding a huge underwater beaver food pile can turn it into a fire drill in a hurry!! Good luck & check back in after you've given it a go.

I'm starting out with 12' and see if I even want to go any longer. I read 14'and 16' are a handful especially if you never fish that way.

Going to try spider rig crappie fishing. Got 4 new jig poles and reel so as soon as the weather give us a little break on a weekend I'm going to give it a try. Not new to crappie fishing guess I've caught them about every way but this one. Couple of pics of a Saturday and Sunday morning catch from last year.
My favorite fish. Enjoy. From central Arkansas on lake Dardanelle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom