Getting ready to go FT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wingmeister

Hi All..We have been RVing for 5 years and are in the process of selling the bricks n sticks to go full time. Reaching out to others who are there or are in the process.
What are your thoughts, experiences, advices for us?

Attachments

• VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
  • VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 5
From our vantage point, congratulations are in order!

We have been full timing more than two and a half years and have not regretted one day. And we had spent exactly one night in an RV before we left. We didn't wait to sell the house, instead letting it sell itself while we were gone.  ;D

While the list of thoughts, experience, and advice would go on ad nauseum, a couple of keys for us have been to make all your plans in Jell-O, be flexible to the day as it unfolds, nurture the friendships you make along the way, and make compromise with your partner a cornerstone.

Full timing is not for everyone, and there is certainly no one way to do it. Make sure this is about the journey, not just the destination.

We hope you find the peace and enjoyment that we have found on such an amazing adventure.

Bon voyage! We hope to see you one day and hear the stories of your success.  8)

Congratulations!

Skyking's right. Make your plans in Jello!

If you plan to tour the country, it's much cheaper to stay in one RV park for a month than it is to stay a day or week here and there.

You're going to have a lot of fun! We've done some crazy traveling, and after more than 2 1/2 years, you start to forget all the little details of where you've been and what you've done (at least that happens to me, anyway). Keeping a blog with photos and stories of what you've done is great, because you can go to it anytime and reminisce about your travels. Sometime I need to go to it, just to remember where the heck I am...lol!

-Roni

Congrats.....Go slow and do enjoy every day. We headed out 6-1-2011, and have enjoyed every minute.

Back
Top Bottom