getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eriktran84

we are a couple from Ohio and would like to start our RV lifestyle as soon as sometimes this year. we are full time truck drivers and wanting to downsize everything and go for the "tiny" living. so ready to learn as much info as possible and it is already overwhelmed !

we already have a difficult time to even choose the RV (so many brands, sizes, and models) !

our next step is to find a good state (with no state income tax) to park out rv full time that doesnt cost so much monthly.

glad to be in this forum and hope to get some good recommendations from everyone. thanks

Gizmo100

Welcome to the forum,

It will be hard for someone to tell you what you want...But as you get questions just post them.

Your right though..It can be overwhelming try to sort though all the choices.

I will leave your questions regarding "home state" to the full time RV'ers

Arch Hoagland

Don't come to California...it's awful out here.

Just today I had to cut my grass again, I have to do it 52 weeks of the year.

I'll never get to buy another new car here, my two cars are 18 and 14 years old and don't have any rust anywhere on them so I'll just have to keep them. Dang I was hoping they'd rust out like back in Pennsylvania where I grew up.

The RV parks never close for winter here so you have to spend a lot of money going to RVing every month on the roads that never see snow or salt.  Awful.

I never get to winterize my RV so I can't join the discussions of how to drain everything before storing my RV. I never store it as it gets used year round, What a bummer.

I pretty much wear the same clothes year round so no winter wardrobe or summer wardrobe. That's no fun. Boring.

My neighbor never saw a snow shovel. Didn't know what it was....how lame.

The price of fuel is high in my area...they tell me it's because there are so many RV's on the road here year round that they can charge any price they like. 

I do like snow and see it every day now...on the Sierra foothills 50 miles to the east of me.  It snowed one time years ago in my town here....about a quarter inch. Whoopeeee.

Yes sir eee you need to find a place to stay cooped up six months out of the year and count all the the money you save while I'm out here paying taxes and cutting grass.

RVMommaTo6

Welcome to the forum! Just as a starting point, I recommend going to look at some RVs in person. Just be aware that every salesman will tell you why their brand is better than the others. Let it go in one ear and out the next, find what YOU like.

Top Bottom