GFI resepticals in My 2011 Fleetwood Storm notworking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mstuck56

I was running the generator and using an electric pressure washer, plugged into the motor home. The receptacles  went dead as well as all receptacles in the camper.  The air conditioner also went out.  I bought a new gfi receptacles for the only one I found with the reset button. That did not work.  No fuses or breakers were bad. I now need to know what I should do next.

Thank everyone

Yes. it is parked in my daughter's back yard and I was cleaning it before going out for a week.

YOu may have tripped a circuit breaker on the generator. Also if you have an inverter...

you may have tripped on on the inverter or (optionally if you have one) inverter sub panel.

Fact. I plugged a heater into the gfci chain and fried a connection in the inverter junction box. Easily fixed.

My '00 Bounder(also a Fleetwood product)has 2 GFI receptacles.  One in the kitchen and one in the bathroom.  Seems like the one in the kitchen covers the outlets on the passenger side of the coach and the one in the bathroom covers the driver's side of the coach.

I run one of those cheapo Wal-Mart electric pressure washers off my generator with no problem.  Heck, even the water pump keeps up with it, so I can use it while boondocking if the need arises.

I had trouble with pressing the reset button on my bathroom plug.  I even tried pushing it with a screwdriver because I don't have much hand strength.  It took someone else to get it pushed the first time because it was very stiff.  Anyway, it is much easier these days, but I wanted to let you know that maybe you aren't pushing it right in the middle or hard enough.  The other option is that it was the second plug that tripped--I have two with the second being in the living room in an awkward to get to place.

If there is no power to the receptical, it will NOT reset. Have you checked the circuit breakers, especially those on the genny itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom