glasses based monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulBates

Our requirement to RV camping is simplicity. Comfortable, enough space and the ability to enjoy a campfire, a few drinks and a good but simple meal... Oh, and coffee. This simplicity lets us focus on the main reason we plan to go places: scenery, hiking, biking, kayaking and socializing.

Having said that, work creeps in for DGF, and that means a 2nd display of some kind. I found her a portable 2nd monitor, but it's not large and in keeping with simplicity, we have a minimal tech footprint... we're not buying and dragging a monitor/tv along.

This glasses monitor looks like an interesting solution, both around the camper, as well as on the road potentially.

This hands review makes it sound compelling for our purpose. Thoughts?

The concept sounds clever but I wonder about the resolution. I would consider it good enough for casual use but I like higher resolution for CAD and image work. It didn't go into detail about refresh rate and suitability for games. Probably at least as good as a phone, maybe not as good as a desktop monitor. I use at least 2 monitors for most things (6 screens on my current desk) and the glasses would preclude multiple monitors, so the portability feature would need to be paramount for me to use something like this. Something that comes to mind is using a computer while moving, I've always found it distracting to watch a bouncing screen but these glasses might make that a bit more workable. Looks like an interesting idea, I would want to try before I buy though.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Yes. Each lens is a 1080p monitor.. The claim is 130 inch monitor equivelent at 13’ and it appears they act as separate monitors. So this probably is the case of adjust font size and magnification to fit more windows in the space provide. In a corporate model of mostly text web pages and app windows, its feasible.. to your point TBD by trying.

The traveling part came to mind for me too. We’ll get going in the afternoon and turn on the hotspot on our phones (depending on best coverage in route between ATT & VZ) so she can work as we drive to camp. Having the laptop literally on the lap is not the best.. so curious if this would help, and motion sickness effects too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom