G'Mornin' from Chicagoland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob_G

Ya hey dere all. The name's Rob... Rob_G that is.  :) I was just checking around the net and ran across this forum. I usually hang out on the Keystone Owner's forum, as that's the type of TT I have, but I thought I'd check out the community here as well.

The family and I have a Keystone Zeppelin II Z291 TT that we absolutley love. If anyone has any questions about this model, please feel free to shout, and I'll be more than happy to try to answer them.  ;D

Hi Rob and welcome. I see you've already contributed some advice/info to others here - thanks!

Hello Rob,

Glad you've joined us and hope you'll stick around.  Your experience with Travel Trailers can be a valuable asset to our Forum members.

Let us know if we ca be of any help!

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I see you have already given advice here.  Looking forward to your continued participation.  Thanks for joining us.

Rob_G said:
Ya hey dere all. The name's Rob... Rob_G that is.? :) I was just checking around the net and ran across this forum. I usually hang out on the Keystone Owner's forum, as that's the type of TT I have, but I thought I'd check out the community here as well.

The family and I have a Keystone Zeppelin II Z291 TT that we absolutley love. If anyone has any questions about this model, please feel free to shout, and I'll be more than happy to try to answer them.? ;D

Where near Chicago do you live.  I have a brother in Bridgeview.  My wife and I live in Urbana.  Welcome to the forum.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll be able to answer questions that involve TT. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Grumpy said:
Where near Chicago do you live.  I have a brother in Bridgeview.  My wife and I live in Urbana.  Welcome to the forum.

We're on the completely other side to the north... Waukegan Area... North Shore. It's amazing what people call Chicagoland at it's a good hour and a half drive down your way.

Thx for the warm welcome all!  :D

Rob_G said:
We're on the completely other side to the north... Waukegan Area... North Shore. It's amazing what people call Chicagoland at it's a good hour and a half drive down your way.

Thx for the warm welcome all!? :D

Yes, I know.  I was born/raised in Gary, Ind, and that was Chicagoland to most people.  Even as far as Crown Point, Indiana. 

I to run to O'hare Saturday with a package for United Cargo.  294 is going to be nice if/when they ever get it all done. 

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Grumpy

Grumpy said:
I to run to O'hare Saturday with a package for United Cargo.  294 is going to be nice if/when they ever get it all done. 

Are you kiding! It'll never be done! It's in a perpetual state of continuous construction. :D

It's for this reason I've just been heading North and West with the TT this year. I don't even want to tdeal with that stuff.

Rob_G said:
Are you kiding! It'll never be done! It's in a perpetual state of continuous construction. :D

It's for this reason I've just been heading North and West with the TT this year. I don't even want to tdeal with that stuff.

I like to call it the orange cone forest.  And, it really wasn't that bad on a Saturday.  I took a I-pass with me, and that sure makes things easy.  I use to drive OTR truck just off of I-55 and Central Avenue. 

I see that you use the Equalizer hitch system.  Have you had any problems with yours?  I went from the Reese Duel Cam Sway Control to the Equalizer system, and I will never go back.  I have seen them on a lot of vehciles, and I've asked a lot of people about them, and nobody reports any problems.  We pull a 33 foot Wilderness with two slides, using a 04 Dodge 2500 diesel.  You can almost forget the trailer is even back there.  No more counting chain links, no more pipes to bring the spring bars into place, I really like the system. 

Grumpy

I like to call it the orange cone forest.  And, it really wasn't that bad on a Saturday.  I took a I-pass with me, and that sure makes things easy.  I use to drive OTR truck just off of I-55 and Central Avenue.

LOL... I like the description. I-55 is another beast all together. Most definatley the worst road in the area... 94... 90...294...355...80... I'll take any of those... just keep I-55 away from me! You're a brave soul! :D

Oh the equalizer is a dream! I wouldn't pull with anything less on a TT.... but wouldn't mind having a Hensley either!  :) The equalizer is the best bang for the buck in my eyes. It makes pulling my Zep with the "Double D" a pleasant experience!

If there's a downside to the system, when you're on a hill, you'll know it when trying to get your bars back on. We were in Janesville, WI. the weekend before last and the site was an uphill incline with the largest grade right at the hitch. It made for getting the bars on the mounts a REAL pain in the .....uh.... challenge!  ;)

Rob_G said:
If there's a downside to the system, when you're on a hill, you'll know it when trying to get your bars back on. We were in Janesville, WI. the weekend before last and the site was an uphill incline with the largest grade right at the hitch. It made for getting the bars on the mounts a REAL pain in the .....uh.... challenge!? ;)

Humm, never had that problem.  I just keep raising the trailer.  I've got some kind of "J" hook "thingie" that is suppose to be used to get the bars on when you can't get the trailer high enough in the nose.  I don't think I have ever used it.  There was one time when I couldn't get the nose of the trailer high enough, so I just pulled it to level ground, and hooked up there.  With the Equalizer system, I don't even notice semi trucks going around me. 

My wife use to have a Dodge Durango, 1998, I think, but she had the 5.9 engine.  It would pass anything but a gas station.  I tried to get it stuck in the snow, and never could.  I pushed snow with the front bumper, and I was thinking that soon it would bog down and I would have to go to 4 low lock, but never did happen. 

Grumpy

Rob_G said:

Thx for the warm welcome all!  :D

I vaguely remember that area. Spent a year at the Naval Training Center in North Chicago. :) Used to love riding the North Shore Interurban. I know I would not recognize the area today!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom