Going Blind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Tonight, I experienced a sudden decrease in vision. I had the usual problem getting the 50 amp breaker to switch on after I returned home just before sunset from the oil change appointment. So I was not surprised that the house lights were somewhat dim. Figured they would return to normal after the city power started. This did not happen. My computer screen was also uncommonly dim. Starting to feel slightly disconcerted, I reached up to turn on the 12 V fluorescent...and caught a glimpse of myself in the window reflection.

Took off the sunglasses and had an immediate recovery. Today was one of the first times I have used my new prescription sunglasses.

Way to go Russ!  Amazing what our brain tricks us into believing.  Daisy

You know,, Something like that happened to me too,, First my prescription sunglasses are single vision, my regular eyes are bifocal

Well, I came in from driving and it was a bit dark, plus I was having problems with close work.. Wasn't till I saw the computer screen fade out as I tilted my head (polorized too) that I realized what I'd done... Switched specs and the recovery, like yours, was instant

Thanks Russ  that makes me feel good about myself  cuz I walk in from O/S with my precrit glasses on all the time and sit at thiscomputer and forget to change them.  Thanks for the reminder and the laugh, knowing I'm not the only one that does things of that nature.

Think Wendy is just trying humor us, with her make believe.    Maybe even feeling sorry for us, just a bit  a wee bit.

Russ:

So what happened today that was unusual for a retiree? ;D ;D

Russ,

You had me worried for a bit!! Thanks for the laugh of the day!!!! ;D ;D ;D

One day at work this past summer one of the techs was walking around with glasses on his nose and another pair on his head. Another tech asked him why he had two pair. The first tech took the ones off his head and it turned out he was wearing the other tech's glasses and his were on his head. He thought the ones he was wearing were his but couldn't understand why he was having a hard time seeing anything. :)

Jim   Please don't laugh   Been there done that many times.. I my case  I do believe age has something to do with it.    LOL

I wish you would never start a subject like that again.  "I suddenly lost vision!"  Made my heart flutter until i read the rest of it.  I had a 30 year old replacement lens in my eye slip down and for a second I kind of knew how you felt. 

Oh, Russ .... you scared me half to death!  You know I always believe everything you say.  :D

Tom and I had a good laugh after I finally read the sunglasses explanation.  We've both done the same thing ouselves. 

Margi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom