Going to the Sun Road - Drive or Bus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelmyer

Bruce is off to ride the Tram(?) up the Going to the Sun road.  He's going to report back tonight.

I was planning on driving it tomorrow.

Has anybody done this road in a pickup truck?

joelmyer said:

I did the Going to the Sun Road in a 21 foot motorhome a few years back.

Phil

joelmyer said:
Bruce is off to ride the Tram(?) up the Going to the Sun road.? He's going to report back tonight.

I was planning on driving it tomorrow.

We drove there in a class C several years ago but I don't think they will let that size MH go over anymore.  We have driven it in a car and a pickup a couple times and I don't think there would be any problem even now.  Check with the ranger to be sure.

Ron said:
Check with the ranger to be sure.

The ranger was a little harried.  I walked up.  He said "First time".  Yes.  He grabbed his magic marker, circled some places & said "This is where you want to go".  I asked full size pickup?  He said "20 foot max, your measurement, if you wind up in jail we'll send you some reading material."

We drove into the Lake McDonald Lodge area today just for a short outing and to pick up brocures & etc.

Glacier is beautiful.  So beautiful it places it hurts.

Ron said:
Did you see any wildlife like Mountain goats/sheep or bear?  It is a beautiful place.

No wildlife except this cute little bird.  But we didn't go past the Lake McDonald Lodge.  Tomorrow.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 20
Keep your eyes open. I don't think we have ever been there that we didn't see mountain sheep or goats.

Enjoy it is a beautiful place.

We have travelled the Going to the Sun road just about every way but the motorhome over many years but the best way is in one of the historic busses!  Fantastic trip and everyone has all the rubbernecking time needed with no "keep it on the road" stress.

--Steve, Jodie, and Posie Cat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom