Going to wander for a while.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paigeoliver

Hi everyone. My name is Paige, I am 28 and currently live in St. Louis.

I used to own a 1975 Pace Arrow (Class A), but I ended up selling it because I couldn't afford to take it anywhere (6 miles to the gallon), and I honestly didn't care about most of the amenities anyway.

Right now my rig is a camoflage-painted 1989 Chevy Suburban with a raised roof and a Honda C70 motor scooter mounted on the back bumper. I have done some shorter trips, but I plan on doing some longterm travelling next year.

Next april I plan on quitting my job, moving most of my possessions into my relatives basements and then wandering around the country for about 6 months.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any RV related questions you have.  Thanks for joining us.

Welcome Paige!  My wife and I have been wandering for a year now.  No sign of burnout yet!!

I hope Shayne is not implying he let go of his Pace Arrow! ??  He needs a second one to go with his two park models.

Hi Paige,
My husband and I are selling our business, our house, and going full time probably in September of this year.  We also live in St. Louis, which is why your post caught my eye.  Plus your age; I'm 36 and my husband is 50, and a lot of people -- okay, mainly my parents, think I'm dooming myself to life around the elderly, and that I'm crazy to be retiring at my age.  We will probably go back to work eventually, maybe just part time, when the money runs out.  But it's great to hear about somebody even younger making plans to do it.  So I just wanted to wish you luck, and ask you if your friends think you're nuts too?

Good luck Paige and I'm sure you will have a good time. Do it while you are young because when you're older you may not have the health. Several folks told me the same thing and we decided to bail out while relatively young. No regrets. I've seen so many people wait until they retire and they are basket cases. Heck I even see those old folks who can't see trying to drive their RV's :) You only plan on 6 months, but who knows...join the circus ;)

Same thoughts for you Amlckaw. Heck you can start an online business or work your way around your travels. Good luck to you also...
I see several people that are your age fulltiming and some are Europeans. They seem to have a good handle on things...

Back
Top Bottom