Golf cart batteries won't fit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mark98012

After going back anf forth on what to replace my batteries with, I found out that 2 golf cart batteries won't fit the space. The footprint is the same BUT not the height (box will not fit). I have a Creekside 22RB and have tried everything to get them to fit. I am resigned to keeping 2 12v deep cycle batteries. Soooo the question is what manufacturer makes a reasonally priced battery with a high (higher) AH rating? We only boondock and usually recharge using the onboard charger by plugging shore power into my 2000w gen. Any help without telling me how great golf cart batteries are great because I already know it.  Thanks,  Mark

Are you saying that they won't fit in the battery box that came with the trailer.....or....are you saying that they are too high to fit in the space where the existing batteries are.  I had to buy a new battery box for my Trojan T105's when I bought them, but there was plenty of room above, so it was a non-issue.....except buying a new battery box.

The actual base footprint of the standard and GC-2 are the same BUT the height is almost 2 inches taller. To verify that I bought a 6 volt battery box and gave it a fitment test. Unfortunately the battery tray is too close to the front of the trailer, it's welded to the tounge so can't be moved. Tomorrow I'm going to take another good look at it. BUT as another option (well the original setup), I still am looking for the highest AH 12v battery that won't break the bank.

You can get true deep cycle 12v batteries in any of the common sizes, e.g. Group 24, Group 27, and Groups 29/30/31, but they are going to be pricey, probably $225 or so each for AGM and maybe a bit less for flooded cells.  A pair of Group 27 12v's will provide about the same amount of amp-hours as a pair of GC2 6v's.

What size batteries do you now have?  The GC2 is indeed taller than a Group 24 and 27's.  Be aware that there is also a extra-tall GC2 called a GC2H, so it's possible the box you used to measure was designed to handle the extra-tall version as well as standard.

Here's a link to a handy chart of BCI standard battery case sizes.https://www.jegs.com/Sizecharts/bcigroup.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom