Golfing near QZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Phil plays golf also?  Maybe a few of us can have a golf outing.  I am no threat as I have just picked up the game after a 30 year absence, but I sure have a lot of fun with it.  We are having an early breakfast today as Wednesday is Men's League here at Pueblo El Mirage, so I am off to the course in a few minutes.  Sharon will be off to quilting with her new Christmas Pffaf quilting machine.  She is looking forward to comparing notes with Sam at QZ in a few days.  ;D  And Sky will be looking for an apple from you!  ;D

Smoky said:
As long as it is a "real" golf course, I will bring my clubs.

Smoky,

Real is a relative term. :) There is a golf course on the north side of town about a 1/2 mile or so out a dirt road. There are holes somewhere in the desert and there are all kinds of obstacles on the "fairway". You will not find any green grass.

There is another one in town but it disappears during the time we are there since it's a parking lot with holes and it is used for vendors during our rally. :)

There are some "real" golf courses along the Colorado near Parker, AZ.

Smoky:

I am planning a golf outing while at QZ.  Pete Harpin and Bob Zambinini are also golfers, so we should be able to get a group out to play.  The closest course is in Parker.  Looks like a neat course, but very tight.  We have also played at Havasou City.  Course is fine. 

Bring your clubs.

Smoky said:
Are there any golf courses within a 30 minute ride from QZ?

The QZ course has the Masters the last weekend in February. These pictures were taken with our local RV club during it's 1st annual desert golf classic ;D ;D

Attachments

• DSCN0812 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0812 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0814 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0814 (Small).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0818 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0818 (Small).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 26
Ron from Big D said:
Smoky:

I am planning a golf outing while at QZ.  Pete Harpin and Bob Zambinini are also golfers, so we should be able to get a group out to play.  The closest course is in Parker.  Looks like a neat course, but very tight.  We have also played at Havasou City.  Course is fine. 

Bring your clubs.

I will have my clubs along and will be available. I golf a lot here at home so if there is a full group I can pass.  Besides Ron outdrives me all the time and embarrasses me.

I believe another new course has opened up at Lake Havsu recently, but that is a long drive.

I am coming down either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

Bob

Smoky said:
I think Phil plays golf also?

Smoky,

Only with scratch golfers, no handicaps allowed and only for money.

Phil

There may be 8-12 rigs from our local RV club at QZ and we were talking yesterday at our meeting yesterday to have our 2nd annual PebbleCreek Desert Golf Classic at the QZ course. Smoky, you are welcome to join in ;D ;D

More pictures of the course

Attachments

• DSCN0813 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0813 (Small).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0815 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0815 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0816 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0816 (Small).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0820 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0820 (Small).JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 19
Smoky said:
Great Bernie!  I will be sure to include a sand wedge in my bag as those traps look pretty large!  ;D

Smoky

When you play the QZ GC you only need 1 club and it should be the most beat up one you have. If it isn't before you play, it will be after you play :D :D

BernieD said:
Smoky

When you play the QZ GC you only need 1 club and it should be the most beat up one you have. If it isn't before you play, it will be after you play :D :D

One coul;d always pick up a fine club to play QZ with at the flea market before going to the golf course. ;D ;D ;)

I bet Lee Trevino would do well at QZ.  He was famous for taking bets that he could beat someone using only his putter for an entire round.  Maybe this week I will practice driving with my putter at the driving range.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom