Good afternoon from Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

desertone61

Hi to All
Its been a few years since I have been active in the rv'ing area,  but now finally deciding again to try it all over again.  This time however I am alone,  with my two little doggies so will change my mine as to what I am looking for.  To begin with I am retired, gentleman,  single,  currently in McKinney, Texas.  I am looking to purchase new or used Class B+ type motor home right after the first of the year,  2007.  Meanwhile looking for information on them and from people like yourselves that have the experience in having them.  Something around 25 feet w/slide out or two.  Rear bed is fine,  need shower and all the other extras.  Wont be towing anything so not concerned with that.  Traveling more or less from McKinney, Texas,  DesMoines, Iowa, Phoenix, Arizona areas.  Plan on registering it in Texas maybe thru Escapees?  Not to sure thats why I am in the forums to fine out about various rigs,  registration,  insurance,  Good Sams,  Escapees etc.  So far only have checked into the Coachmen Concord 235SO and the Trail Lite 252DS as to liking them both.  Up for lots of suggestions and advice;  thanks very much for comments and allowing me to join the forums. 
Jan West
McKinney, Tx

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the forum. There are all kinds of RVers here with all kinds of RVs. We used to have a 24' Class C Coachman and liked it very much. Worked fine for the 2 of us and the large hairy child (90 pound labrador) traveling for short trips (less than a month). Bought a 28 foot Class A Winnebago about a year and a half ago so we could have a slide out and more storage room. Spend some time at RV shows and dealers and you're sure to find what you need. And no matter what, enjoy your travels.

Join fmca and go to their ralley this month. all the vendors are there with all the rigs to be seen and compared.

desertone61 said:
? I am looking to purchase new or used Class B+ type motor home right after the first of the year,?? Up for lots of suggestions and advice;? ?thanks very much for comments and allowing me to join the forums.?

Hi Jan and Welcome,

Do you really mean a class B?  Or do you mean a  better than average brand motorhome as in a B + ?  Mahoney has suggested you might find an FMCA rally of value in that it allows you to go through many brands of RV's  and find your preferences.  Then  you can do a serious search armed with first hand  information of your likes and dislikes.
Betty

Jan,

I just read your post regarding the Coachmen Concord 235SO. The wife and I just ordered one yesterday. Coachmen has made some changes for the 2007 model year that are really nice.

1. The jack knife sofa is now gone, replaced with a sofa hide a bed.

2. The built in dinette is gone, replaced with 2 movable leather reclining euro chairs w/ottomans and a fold out dining table.

3. The area above your head while sitting in the driver/passenger seat has been notched out so you are less likely to hit your head when standing up.

4. The tube type 24" television has been replaced with a Samsung wide screen 26 or 27" LCD television. The entertainment center has been redesigned, it looks better.

5. The surround sound is now through a built in Bose Wave stereo.

6. A color rear view backup camera is now standard. The screen is built into the stereo, a motorized flip up screen. The stereo is navigation and Sirius sat radio compatible.

7. There are new appliances by Apollo. I know nothing about this company, but they are to have the stainless steel fronts and stove top.

8. There is a new wood for cabinets, Brazilian cherry, at no extra charge. Really nice looking, just a touch darker then the std. birch.

Those are all of the changes I can recall or find in the brochure. Everything else is the same in regards to the chassis and weights. It sounds like Coachmen really listens to its customers. They are to start the first build of the 2007 235SO in September. We just got our order in, they are to build 100 on the first run, we are somewhere in the 60 or 70 range of the 100.

Our dealer told us that the Coachmen Concord, in Michigan, made up 12.5% of all RV sales in the state. I do not know where he got the number, but having seen the 2006 Concord 235SO, and driven one, I can see why. The 2007 model will just sweeten the stat, as it truly is an all purpose touring coach/RV in my book. And the upgrades for 2007 make this an incredible package. For 2 people who are into seeing the sites and camping, I don't think we could find a better unit. It is well within our budget, with the horse power and towing/weight capacities I was looking for. And it is in such a small, but yet big, aerodynamic package.

We cannot wait to take delivery!

Mike and Deb

WOW!!  Thanks for the tips,  really appreciate your thoughts.  Yes a Class B+ or little larger,  even saw a  Itasca Cambria 26A that I also fell in love with.    Right now thinking toward both the Itasca Cambria as mentioned,  and the Trail Lite 252DS as both have the room and slides.   

Consider the 26 foot Class A's as well, e.g. the Fleetwood Terra & Fiesta or the Winnebago Sightseer & Itasca Sunova. They are the same price as a Similar B+ or C and usually offer more interior room, sturdier chassis and greater exterior storage. And a Class A has a far superior driving position versus a B or C. You sit higher , the windshield is larger and you have an incredible view of the road - and the scenery too!

Back
Top Bottom