Good News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
Good news!

After being almost totally bed ridden for November and much of December, Bev had the energy to walk into the UNM Cancer Research and Treatment Center this afternoon, not ride in the wheel chair required earlier for her tests, for the best news of all.

Bev does have breast cancer and there are spots of it in her lungs, on her ribs and one spot on her spinal column. Whatever is good for her in regards to this cancer, she has. Whatever could make it worse, she does not have. They do not expect that she will require surgery, radiation or intravenous chemo therapy. 280,000 will be diagnosed with this breast cancer this year and 80% of them will survive and Dr. Denny Jones is convinced she will be one of them!

Bev will start taking one pill a day tomorrow and will see positive effects in several weeks, and the doctor expects her to be cancer free in two years. He then said, ?And if you were my mother I?d want you to continue taking it for the next three as well!?

In a month she will be able to start weaning herself from the pain meds and in a couple of months the Dr. and we believe she will be able to return to work.

We both believe that it was your prayers along with those of many, many other friends and friends of yours and ours that lifted and held Bev in the healing presence of God. It is this that raised her to where she is today. Thank you so very, very much.

Please continue them. . .

Love,

Bob+ & Bev 

Wonderful news, Bob.  You and Bev will be in our thoughts as she progresses in this new treatment.  Modern medicine is truly amazing!

Hello Bob:

>> 280,000 will be diagnosed with this breast cancer this year and 80% of them will survive and Dr. Denny Jones is convinced she will be one of them!
====
Having spent the past 6 months or so hoping and praying for my sister in law, Kay -- I can imagine how you must feel. It must be like a tremendous emotional weight being exchanged for feelings of joy. My best to you and Bev -- and hopes for many years of very active happiness together.

Wonder prognossess Bob  We're all hoping and praying along with you that this nasty problem is resolved as quickly as possible.  Thank you for the info.

That is wonderful news!  My mother is a 22-year breast cancer survivor.  She was 60 when she was diagnosed the first time.

Dear Bob and Bev,

There are quite a few cancer survivors in the framily and we know Bev will join our ranks.  Make sure she follows doctor's orders!  ;D  And if he says she should take those wonderful little pills for several more years, then that's what she should do.  It's a small price to pay if it means a healthier life in the future.

Bev will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

ArdraF

Bob and Bev....

Thank the Good Lord and my He continue to keep you in his arms.

We just got a call from Tim's sister on Wednesday.  Her 48 year old son has been diagnosed with cancer of the lympth nodes and it is all in his throat.  He is having a cat scan to see where else it might be located in his body.  He begins radiation and chemo next week.  Please keep him to your prayers too.

We are so happy for you both.

Hugs,  Marsha and Tim

Bob,

As stated in my email, this is wonderful news. A lot of folks were praying for Bev and it seems their prayers were answered.

Ardra was right on - there are a number of cancer survivors here. With Bev's extremely positive attitude, there can only be a positive outcome.

Praise God!  May He continue to give both of you strength and peace in the days ahead.

Frank

What wonderful news, Bob and Bev. The power of prayer is truly amazing. Hugs all around.

Wendy and Mike

Bob and Bev,

Whew!  Life is sure full of emotional episodes.  Sort of yo yo like.  May you both  have many more up days than down ones! Thanks for sharing such terrific news.

Betty

Thank you, each of you!

While Bob Buchanan accurately described the feeling of relief that is mine, and Betty Brewer the cycles of life, I know that every one here that has watched in hope someone "walking through the valley of the shadow" and seen the Light of the world come into your lives bringing renewed faith, confidence and assurance, you have shared that feeling that is more than relief, beyond hope and only the words 'joy' and 'thankfulness' begin to describe.

To those of you reading this that today are watching someone you love "walking in the shadow of the valley," I invite you to send us your name as we would like to stand with you on this journey, as others have stayed by us. You can do that by clicking the yellow envelope below my picture if you wish to contact only us. If you want the many members of this framily that would stand with you to join us, reply to this post and they will be there as will Bev and I.

Thank you, each and every one of you!

Bob+ and Bev

Bob, this is truly great news. We know that this has been a very tough time for both of you and it is great that you have some really positive news.

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom