Good Sam Tours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motalso

I am VERY disappointed with your 2006 Rally in Florida. We  were happy to have it close enough that all of us could go this time.
I made our reservations early with electrical and paid for it at  the same time.
We were looking forward to being with so many RVer's and best of all being at the Speedway.
Today I got a notice that we would be 18 MILES from the speedway and the action.
Everytime we wanted to change cloths or get a drink or have something to eat, we would have to take a SHUTTLE.
Now what kind of crap is that?
Needless to say I canceled our reservations.
We will not be sucked into another of your TRIPS.
I want you to make sure we get our money back IN FULL.
YOU COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTED THAT ACTIVITY.

I want you to make sure we get our money back IN FULL

No one on the RV Forum can get your money back;  you need to communicate with the rally organizers.  Have you written to Good Sam?

I was unaware this forum had any connection to Good Sam at all,,, In fact more than a few forum members have not exactly been supportave of Good Sam's.

Kind of wondering why you posted yourmessage here.. Or is it a copy of one you sent to Good Sam's?

The only rallys this forum sets up are free events as far as the forum is concerned.  For example the one I'll be attending next month (actually two)  One of them I paid another orgination for. has nothing to do with the forum other than a forum member is doing some work for the sponsoring orgination of which he and I are both members,

The other one I'll pay the US government for

As others have said, this forum has no affiliation with Good Sam or its parent company. In fact, we have no affiliation with any company. Please do not post your rants in this forum - there are plenty of other places on the internet to post them. Better still, send your message to Good Sam, but not to us.

Thanks you for your cooperation.

Tom said:
As others have said, this forum has no affiliation with Good Sam or its parent company. In fact, we have no affiliation with any company. Please do not post your rants in this forum - there are plenty of other places on the internet to post them. Better still, send your message to Good Sam, but not to us.

Thanks you for your cooperation.

Au contraire my friend. It is helpful info for someone contemplating attending to know that they will not be near the Speedway. Helped me make up my mind for sure.

Bruce,

Perhaps the message could have been delivered in a more constructive and less emotional style.  It's understandable the author is upset and has every right to be, but his outrage seemed to be directed at the Forum. 

Reports about negative experiences are helpful to Forum members as you allude to, and should be posted as a source of information rather than a rant which defeats the intended purpose.

BruceinFL said:
It is helpful info for someone contemplating attending to know that they will not be near the Speedway.

No disagreement Bruce, but the poster's intent does not appear to have anythiing to do with providing info for the benefit of other forum members. The individual appears to have registered here for the sole purpose of ranting and, as Steve suggests, the rant appears to be aimed at the forum as if we're affiliated with GS. The message is in violation of our forum rules.

Meanwhile, I really have no desire to receive a communication from GS or any other company complaining because we appear to passively endorse such complaints when neither I nor anyone I know have any way of verifying their validity.

ploiselle said:
? ?IMHO the shuttle ride is where you would meet a lot of interesting people.? I agree with Tom, it should have been written has a informative FYI.

Hi Paul,

We attend many RV rallies.  Each one has had it's own set of surprises.  That is the fun of it.  Granted it is not as convenient if you are parked far away but the shuttle rides and the people and the  events are still the same.  Once we were parked way out on  an abandoned air station on dry concrete ( a 45 minute shuttle ride) because the electric field we had paid for was flooded due to excessive rains.  They brought in helicopters to dry the fields, offered to refund our money, offered for us to move mid way through the event.  It did not seem that "they" were trying to sabotage our fun.

As our sport is becoming so popular and many people want to attend Rallies they do devise alternative  parking strategies.  Register early .  Attitude is everything.  When I avoid high  expectations ,  I am  generally  pleased with what I get.

Betty Brewer
Having a good day

Betty,

That's a great message. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom